Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody,

So I'm trying to get .hack // reminisce working and it seems fine until the opening scene kicks in. Sometimes (depending on the vu options used) the game will crash during the opening fmv or into the very beginning of the game.

Here's the error that occurs: vtlb miss:addr 0x4,mode 0

Is it a EErec problem or something else?

Edit -

Problem solved! It appears that it's a timing issue. I know there are some other threads in this forum about this problem but I could not find one that addresses the answer to this problem.

But anyhow, for those who are curious. The fix is to simply use a 2x cycle hack. It's one of those games where only a certain hack cycle will work and everything else will break it.

Make sure 2x cycle is checked, depending on the game you may need the INTC sync hack also.

Cheers!

·
Registered
179 Posts
In 0.9.6 it runs flawlessly. In latest revs you just have to use first MicroVU for it to run flawlessly, and speedhacks almost do nothing.

Setting 2x cycle hack is gonna give you internal slowdowns in places with too much monsters on-screen (or a battle where you, your both party members and three or two monsters are on-screen, instant slowdown). Places with rain get especially slow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.