Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GPF said:
This is a port of Dosbox 0.60 for the Sega Dreamcast.

THIS RELEASE OF DOSBOXDC WAS CREATED FOR THE DREAM ON CONTEST 05

please check the other readme for more information about using dosbox.

included is a scrambled binary and a dosbox.conf with settings for the shareware version of Commander Keen.

to run other dos program copy them to the cd and change the dosbox.conf to mount and start the dos executable.

there are many more settings that can be tweaked as well, check out http://dosbox.sourceforge.net for compatibility list for dosbox 0.60 and for more
information about tweaking the dosbox.conf file.

download from my dosbox page now from my site
http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk

Enjoy,
Troy(GPF)

From what I read over at DCEmulation's boards speed with older games seems to be quite nice, but the Commander Keen shareware that was included needs some tweaking to get it running properly. Also a keyboard would be very helpful.

·
InnarX
2,759 Posts
Well, this is another emu, for the DC, to check out. Will also look into the NES emu as well.

Cheers Cid ;)

r2rX :D

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ready2rumbelX said:
Well, this is another emu, for the DC, to check out. Will also look into the NES emu as well.

Cheers Cid ;)

r2rX :D
Don't bother downloading Scherzo'n NesterDC SE because if you've got quite a few roms you'd need to download more than 100mb for all the images and NSF files. I'll send you a package soon enough with everything included ;)

Just dust off your PS2 so that the DC will have a clean spot to be put on :thumb:

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it can run Zsnes for Dos perfectly it would be awesome ^^

·
Registered
774 Posts
But there are already other SNES emus for the DC, and they can barely achieve full speed as it is. Adding an extra layer of emulation seems kinda pointless. Plus ZSNES is open source, so you could just port it directly anyway.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope, Zsnes can't be ported because it would need a complete rewrite, so any devver willing to do so might as well make his own Snes emulator from scratch, which seems to be about the only way to achieve perfect Snes emulation on DC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.