For all you DC fans out here.... [insert echo here]
Some more news about the DC port which I dug up in the official thread at DCemu:GPF said:DOSBox - Coming soon to a dreamcast near you !!!
Posted on Fri 14 Oct 2005, 5:30 AM
I've got the shell running so far on my dreamcast hardware, still needs some work and don't know how fast , compatibility ,sound etc are working yet. Still need to figure out how to mount the dc gdrom as a drive to load dos games from also.
Cheers,ron said:Thank You very much TROY, for allowing me participate in your project.
The DosBOX, was yesterday recompiled with SDL127 by Chui, with 129 doesnt run yet.
With the SDL127, the video now allows to select the startup in 50 or 60 hz.
- Based on DOSBOX 0.60 (0.63 eats the ram)
- Source is C++ and fully dc compilable
- Actually without any optimization, the emulated CPU is a 368, running on DC at 6/8 Mhz.
- Emulated video card is VGA
- DOS is integrated into source, now working on /rd /cd & /pc in order to mount drives and images.
- Does not mount any drive at the moment.
- Dreamcast Keyboard Fully compatible
At DCiberia.net you can download a video of the emulator running.
Soon more news and Thx TROY.
From my point of view, with a proper optimization this emulator can reach 12 / 14 Mhz emulating 386 and VGA. That means that lot of games designed for DOS will run very nice. If you see the pics, look at the ammount of available RAM. Isnt't bad !!!
Now a long way is in front of you, I think this project is real and can be at end done in Dreamcast.