Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hya guys,
i gotta a couple of things to ask ya.
1) im trying to run a dos game called Tyrian which i use to play on windows 95/98.
i have windows me now and it doesnt work anymore. It gives the following error in dos: "runtime error"
An updated version of this game came out last year which i downloaded the demo and it works perfectly. But i dont wanna pay money to buy the same thing again.
is there anyway around this?:confused:

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Son of a... I remember that game! AWESOME game! Anyway, yeah, looks like you'll have to use Win98 to run it, although the OS emulator idea has merit. I wonder if it would work on a Windows OS, though? I thought it was for macs only...

·
Registered
635 Posts
I don't know ryos, but for most users, I think Win98 is better than win2k... I don't have much confidence in Win2k... in fact If I need something more stable, I'd choose WinNT 4 over Win2k... but I will stick with win98 coz it only needs a stable machine to be stable, and is the most compatible as well with your oldies...

·
8+ Years
2,800 Posts
?! It works fine on my computer. All dos games work fine on my computer. :) With the little pc speaker sound comin out from my tower. :) And Im using windows me korean edition.

G

·
it has a runtime error 200 problem. Now normally you would be able to fix that with a utility like tppatch but that doesnt work on this game. What I did was getting the new demo version and "mixing" it with the old full one. Somehow, however, episode 4 didnt like the mixing and just wouldnt work. So now I have a working tyrian but only with the first three episodes. Another solution is a slowdown program like MOSLO, but that also makes the game more choppy...Finally, with my sblive there was no way the SFX would work, only the music. The game runs the same both in win-dos and pure dos. So just try to mix both versions.

G

·
it doesnt matter if you use a real DOS...you'll still get that error...it could be that it only happens with intel processors and not with amd, but I cant verify that.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
woah! its been a while and im surprised with the replies!
I still cant get tyrian to work!:( the game for me is too good to give up on!:) Ill try out all your advices and ill post back on what ive found. Thanks!:D

·
Registered
318 Posts
do you know a game similar to tyrian? I know raiden and so-many-other-shooters-out-there is but is there one that has the customizations that tyrian has?

btw. lessons 1 and 2 are tested! how the f*ck are you going to play great games like warcraft 1 and doom in winME? and why spend money on win2K(make bill's ass $100 richer in the process) when you can get bochs instead?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.