Next Generation Emulation banner

Doom movie (Spoilers)

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Player-X 
#1 ·
I'm not good at writing about movies, but I'll try:

The Doom movie is heavily based on Doom 3. Everything from the environment to even the computer monitors (and not forgetting about the weapons) were all based on Doom 3. The procuders did a really good job with making the movie feel like a real life video game.

The violence was great...but I was disappointed I only saw Imps and that Dog monster in the whole movie....I was expecting hellraisers, lost souls, those flying red blobs, and other things like that :p There was one scene where the "hero" of the movie turns godlike, and just like in the game, it becomes a first person shooter with only his weapon showing. Some mad **** goes on in those 5 minutes :) And now for the spoiler:

Suprisenly, the Rock is not the hero at the end ^^

I was too tired to really pay attention to the storyline that much (it was 2 in the morning, give me a ****ing break here :p ).....but the violence was worth going for. So I guess if you like the Doom games, you'll really like this then

^^

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Player-X said:
I havn't seen it but from what I hear:
I don't remember my manager telling me to do that opening day....and I was working an usher shift too oO

To be honest, the ending leaves it opened up for a sequel (good for some....bad for most)

I enjoyed it, but as Quip mentioned, there was no Hell even involved, which was the main setting of the Doom series anyways.....probably some born-again christian **** or something like that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.