Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Performance problems with Doom/Duke Nukem Advance/etc.

First of all, kudos for the new beta; I was pleasantly surprised to see most of the performance problems I was having with a lot of games fixed.

That said, Doom/Duke Nukem Advance/Dark Arena/Ecks vs. Sever... basically any pseudo-3d game, runs significantly choppier than on the actual hardware.

Just for comparisons sake, watch one of the Doom 2 gameplay videos at Gamespot here: http://www.gamespot.com/gba/action/doom2/media.html
Then load up any level in Doom 2 and see how it plays. On the actual hardware, it's usually around 60 fps, whereas on VBA, the framerate is probably closer to 20.

I'm pretty certain this isn't a problem with my computer (Athlon 2700+,768 MB RAM, Radeon 9800XT) as the performance indicator is at a constant 98-100%.

Just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Oh and while we're on the topic of performance issues... Shantae for the GBC is basically unplayable. It's basically glitchy as hell anywhere that it isn't displaying a static image. Just start a new game and you'll see it immediately.

Thanks for your time. ^_^

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know this is probably more of a timing problem than anything, but just to confirm, do the aforementioned games run slowly for anyone else? If not, post your hardware specs.

Any replies are appreciated, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.