Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm with Doom 3 here, but after A LOT of warnings about the low (HIGH) hardware requeriments for this game, I'm not sure if worths to spend a big time installing it, and I did not find if my video card will support it, then I ask your opinion if my hardware will run this game :)

P4 2.4 GHz, 512 RAM, ok... now goes... GeForce 4 MX 4000 :hdbash:
please tell that I could run Doom with at least low effects and low res! :evil:

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
you should be fine as long as you keep everything on low, theres mod tips for doing custom settings with the config file out there so you can turn some things off etc.

with my Radeon 9800, altho much faster than your card, in top whack everything (apart from anti aliasing) the timedemo runs at 52fps average :) so you should be ok.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
dont listen to anyone who says you cant do it, you definitely can, just look at Rzetlins shots that will give you an idea of how it will look and how fast it will go though.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
everyone's definition of "playable" is different. are you gonna get 60 fps with DX9 shaders on a GF2? no. this game was barely playable with my FX5600, i played in DX9 mode hovering at 30 fps the entire time.

when you have a crappy gfx card, you take what you can get. Rzetlin has posted screenshots and defied the odds playing tons of next gen games slowly and with crappy graphics.
Miretank said:
please tell that I could run Doom with at least low effects and low res!
and you know what, the MX4000 can do just that.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
hell my pc could run it too but extremely slow.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hehe, thanks, I will spend the time to install the game
Yeah, I know I will get more-than-crap graphics, but I'll be happy even running it with 50fps (if my hardware support it)
but If the game run very poor, I won't be that frustrated. i was playing doom 3 in my friends house and I did not like it... its a like a lot of known games, and I still prefer half life lol... amazing graphics but they are darker than anything! they could have enlight the game just a bit.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
i was using hmm, medium i think, high audio quality, 800x600.

honestly, i'd say hold off on spending your 40 bucks or whatever it is and wait till you can get a better rig. that's just my opinion though...you can decide if you want to play it with worse graphics/slower gameplay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.