Next Generation Emulation banner

dont understand why

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  bositman 
#1 ·
Im getting an error code running out of fifo's Anyone no why?

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Thanks not a newb. here

bositman said:
This is just one of the million bugs the emulator has,just wait for next releases

Thats what I figured as far as specs go a work horse. P4 3.8 Dual Processor Gig of Ram Nvidia 128 . Iget the same with my laptop with less power . Guess I'll wait for next release

Discussion starter · #6 ·
bositman said:
Heh no matter what kind of specs you have,you wont be able to play games at good speeds(20fps at most ingame) yet.Also pcsx2 has to be reprogrammed to make use of 2 processors,so you wont get any speed increase from those ;)
The error you get obviously has no relation with your specs :p

Not to sound like a jerk but I'm aware that games dont run at full speed no matter what. However, my question was about the error code running out of fifo's which means running out of files in and files out. I just didnt understand the error and thought there may be a solution. As for more than 20fps U can increase that by copying a certain other dll file from another emulator, I'm not saying the name because I dont want to violate any rules , and get up to 80fps but that still wont make things faster, but thanks for the input though.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
bositman said:
Im quite sure that it can mess up the emulator quite a bit...so you better not post it here

As i stated before not without permission and it doesnt mess up the emulator, but as I have already stated it doesnt make the emulator run faster . speed seems to be more of graphic acceleration than anything. i put alot of time trying different things to make things work better, but is wayyy above my head. The point I was making is that more frames per second will not give u more speed. Again stlii no explanation of the running out of fifos error

Discussion starter · #13 ·
bositman said:
If it doesnt make the emulator run faster why did you say the fps rose from 20 to 80? You mean just the displayed fps and not the real ones?
Anyway i dont see what you want to know about the fifos error,its a bug...for further details you will either have to see the source yourself or hope(rather unlikely) that one of the authors will take his time and explain it

Sometimes I can be a little thick headed Now I understand that its just a bug not me and believe me I am nowhere near worthy of the authors responding to me. Thanks for the explanation Bositman

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.