Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just downloaded the Dolphin 32bit Windows SVN 3661 version and upon trying to run a game I got the following error message:

"Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions, check the logs for more info."

I'm using Windows XP and have about 1.50gb.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
GPU - Graphics Processing Unit

You'll either have to buy a better graphics card or try using the old DirectX video plugin.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Here you go. Just unzip this in to Dolphin's 'plugins' folder. Then start Dolphin and open up the configuration and choose the DX9 video plugin instead of the OpenGL plugin.

Don't expect good framerates though as it's unfinished and in need of more work.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Hmm. You might have to use an older version of Dolphin. The version I've got is 3109. (old I know) I only fire up Dolphin once in a while to check out current speed and compatibility.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Well I know 3109 works. I think one of the recent builds broke the ability to use the old DX9 plugin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmm, well I tried the file you just provided masta, but it still didn't show up as an option in config. All I get is the default "Open Gl' option. And also, I didn't see a Dolphin version 3109 in that link you provided rodiabloalmeida, unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.