Next Generation Emulation banner

1641 - 1660 of 1685 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
yay, I love hires HUDs. They are rather quick to be finished but they give a game a higher quality throughout without looking out of place (like, e.g. some remade textures right in a place where there's a lot of other lowres textures ;) ). Would be nice if you finished it and made a lil pack from it. Especially because it would be the first hires pack for dophin, so it could be used for testing also :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
No, I wasn't accusing you or anything, I just figured it was part of a WIP porting of the PC hi-res textures (which I'm guessing nobody has really started on yet?)

Either way, now with that HD shot, I can see the details in the HUD :D (you could have still at least manually cropped the black bars - they're just making the filesize larger)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Are some of you still living in caves? Resident Evil: Wii edition is the best version. Period.

I do not play it on widescreen, so it doesn't affect me that much. But the truth is GC's is better than the PS2's in terms of graphics, however, PS2's version offered much extras! Ada's missions, special weapons, extra costumes. Now, all these are brought back to the nintendo console in full graphical glory. GC better than Wii?? Huh!?

·
Registered
74 Posts
hm...I guess it won't be possible to use the RE4-GC-texture pack for the Wii version, huh?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Super Monkey Ball Step and Roll

Version: r5046 x64
Hacks: Safe Texture Cache, EFB Copy to RAM
State: Playable (Perfect)
Framerate: Constant 60fps
System: Core i5 750 (Quad), 4GB 1600MHz RAM, Nvidia GT9800 512MB

Game plays perfectly and as you can see from these screens looks incredible in hi-res. Could easily be mistaken for a 360/PS3 game. Only problem is that the replays don't show up perfectly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga

Version: r5047 x64
Hacks: Safe Texture Cache, EFB Copy to RAM
State: Playable
Framerate: Constant 30fps
System: Core i5 750 (Quad), 4GB 1600MHz RAM, Nvidia GT9800 512MB

Here's another game that works just about perfectly. It's an ugly game overall, but obviously looks better upscaled. Played for about 20 mins and it seems to work great but it's a really average game so I didn't feel inclined to play much more. My graphics card was able to handle 4x supersampling but framerate dipped when I pushed this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
FIFA 09

Version: r5047 x64
Hacks: Safe Texture Cache, EFB Scaled Copy, EFB Copy to Texture
State: Playable
Framerate: 30fps~60fps
Here's my favorite soccer game on Wii and again it looks outstanding and plays nearly perfectly. The only problem is that the framerate is very unstable - sometimes it stays at 60fps for awhile and other times it drops to half speed. Replays are also strangely aliased, but that doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Tested many builds... ok... Can you give the best rev for Tatsunoco VS CAPCOM UltallStars? I am using 4696 64bit and it`s OK. But I really want to get a newer one with the same frame rate... all new are slower in that game :(

·
Registered
603 Posts
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn Of The New World (Played on SVN 5160):
- SSAA 4X (9X caused slowdowns with 1680x1050 resolution sadly).
Note: Even though 9X SSAA caused slowdowns with this resolution, it didn't cause a drop of FPS in 1280x720 resolution.

Lloyd's Hometown:

Fighting some baddies:

Emil's Unison Attack:

Emil performing Phoenix Rush (+Wind Element because of Ventus' Centurion Core) in mid-air:

Random screen taken in the field showing the Sorceror's Ring:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones NTSC GameCube Version (Played on SVN 5191)

Screen shots:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0ij2y00nt2j

{sorry I upload like this,I didn't manage to upload those shoots for sites like Imageshacks I uploaded to
mediafire}

the game is quite playble,but there still has some problems....
the graphics looking like low resolution,no matter what resolution you put it.
sometimes errors occurs that crash the game... its seems that second time the game you trying to play
improve it and there is less errors the cause the game to crash.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Prince Of Persia: The Two Thrones NTSC GameCube Version (Played on SVN 5191)

Screen shots:
POPT2T Screens.rar

{sorry I upload like this,I didn't manage to upload those shoots for sites like Imageshacks I uploaded to
mediafire}

the game is quite playble,but there still has some problems....
the graphics looking like low resolution,no matter what resolution you put it.
sometimes errors occurs that crash the game... its seems that second time the game you trying to play
improve it and there is less errors the cause the game to crash.
in plugin DX enable efb cpy to texture.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, for the image I posted it wasn't a "custom resolution" per-se, but used ATI's Eyefinity, which basically turns multiple monitors into one giant one. The original size of the rendering of the image I posted was some 5k pixels wide.
I'm currently putting together an Eyefinity setup primarily for PC gaming but would be pretty happy if these games worked with it as well. I'm currently on a 9800GT and got my monitors today so thought I'd try out a dual setup.

Mario Kart Double Dash
Version: 5393
Hacks: Default stuff, openGL
Framerate: Usually hovers around 31-36 on this machine, but sometimes speeds up and plays quite well.
System: Core 2 Duo 2140 1.6GHZ @ 2.66GHZ, 3.12GB RAM, 9800GT 768MB

Everything is default, wasn't playing for screenshots just to see if it works well. Unfortunately my new 2007FP (image quality looks incredible next to a 22" LG TN panel) has a line of dead pixels straight out the box plus I have uni till the end of may, so I probably won't build the eyefinity system until around the first week of June.

I wasn't sure if it'd just stretch the graphics across the two screens like it does on PC games that don't support the higher FOV, but as I scaled the window across the two monitors the field of view just got wider showing more. I didn't play through that much but things seemed okay, except for a few graphical glitches like the monster on the side of one of the tracks disappears after a while, I didn't notice any problems until I sat still to take screenshots. Other than that the game ran a little slow on my machine but it's due an upgrade. I couldn't get the game to run in D3D so had to use openGL. In D3D I could hear sound, so the game was running but just got a black screen. This is the first time I've used Dolphin so my knowledge is of course limited.

Roughly standard 4:3 aspect ratio:

2 Monitors:

Edit: Disabled dual core and tends to run stable at 85% so it feels much better now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wii SimAnimals
Version r5386
Hacks: EFB Copy to RAM
State: InGame - game works fine but after clicking on the button that opens a new area the game freezes

1641 - 1660 of 1685 Posts