Next Generation Emulation banner

621 - 640 of 641 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi. a bit off topic, I just wonder if there is anyway to make dolphin portable? I mean: Is it possible to include all libraries that dolphin need in a build so that the PC that it runs on doesn't have to install new directX?
Thanks.

·
No$gba Philosopher
547 Posts
Question about compiling Dolphin x32 in Visual Studio 2010

Anyone here knows something about Visual Studio 2010 different and possibly incompatible with current SVN source codes?

Issue 1636 here reported that Dolphin can't be compiled.

Just asking the situation and what's recommended for compiling Dolphin.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hope this isn't in the wrong place :S

Can someone please help me? I have no idea what I'm doing...

I downloaded Dolphin SVN R 4771 and when I try play a game it gives me the following error message:
--
Can't create opengl renderer. You might be missing some required opengl extensions. Check the logs for more info
---
In the logs it says:
--
06:41:124 E[COMMON]: DL: Error loading DLL Plugins/Plugin_VideoDX9.dll: The specified module could not be found.
---

I was trying to play Beyblade VForce Super Tournament Battle.

Can anybody explain what I need to do to fix this?
I downloaded Direct X 9 but there are a bunch of files and I don't know which one to click.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
you want to run Download details: DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer to make sure you are up to date with directx.
Ok, I'll try it.
btw, Is there a thread where you post your system information and then people can figure out if your computer is compatible?

EDIT: I just found the plugin that it said I was missing in one of my folders. But now the problem is, how do I make that plugin be "found"?
If I get this plugin to be found on my Dolphin, do I still need to download Directx from the link above? I'm just wondering.

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,826 Posts
you will still have to install directx from my link as it has everything needed. im thinking you are on windows 7. windows 7 doesnt come with directx 9c installed so you have to install it yourself. there is a lot more files then just that one needed so thats why i am telling you to install it from my link.

·
Registered
9 Posts
you will still have to install directx from my link as it has everything needed. im thinking you are on windows 7. windows 7 doesnt come with directx 9c installed so you have to install it yourself. there is a lot more files then just that one needed so thats why i am telling you to install it from my link.
I now have the latest revision that was available as of yesterday, which is SVN R 6446. I also installed Direct X.
I got the game I wanted to play (BeyBlade VForce Super Tournament Battle) working, but it was slower than it should be, and it had no in game sound. During the opening credits it had sound that worked until the second opening credit where the sound stopped and gave me a rapid thumping noise. But that stopped when it got to the last opening credit right before the game's menu came up.

The game is still playable, but it would be nice if the sound worked and the game ran at the proper speed.

EDIT: The game is now freezing at the victory screen when I win a battle. After my character's victory message comes up. help?

·
Elven-Dragon Mage
2,826 Posts
I don't have a pc that can run it so I can't really help with those type of issues. I was aware that windows 7 doesnt come with directx9 tho and those are common pc errors that i can help with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are there certain settings I need to have set on Direct X 9 itself? (outside of Dolphin) How bout on Dolphin? Do I have to have totally different settings for each individual game? (Not including hacks and plugins specially made for certain games that say to disable if not playing those particular games)

EDIT: I've made my own thread for the problems I've been having. Thought it would be easier for people to find :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently I got Intel compiler and if a kind soul can tell me why does the linker complain about Dolphin not having an entry point I appreciate (it's the only error from all solution). I found some winmain comments and stuff but not the actual function so I still haven't found where does the app really start to fix it.

Win7 x64

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think it might have something to do with wxWidgets not having a __INTELC__ in most files which makes it impossible to compile with intel compiler damn ._.
Aint you guys interested of adding support for intel compiler? :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
hello my pc would be like this interl core 2 duo 2.4
4 gb ram maybe win xp 64 or win 7 ultimate 64 (what youd recomend me)

this... Ati Radeon Hd 5670 · 1gb Ddr5

or this ..... Ati Xfx 6670 1gb Ddr5

one of theese

i would be ok for this emulator?

·
Registered
6 Posts
hello my pc would be like this interl core 2 duo 2.4
4 gb ram maybe win xp 64 or win 7 ultimate 64 (what youd recomend me)

this... Ati Radeon Hd 5670 · 1gb Ddr5

or this ..... Ati Xfx 6670 1gb Ddr5

one of theese

i would be ok for this emulator?
You'll be limited by your CPU. I would choose Windows 7 and the 6670. Would suggest you upgrade your CPU to at least 2.8ghz Quadcore! Dolphin is more heavy on the processor.

621 - 640 of 641 Posts