Next Generation Emulation banner

601 - 620 of 641 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
That Pre-Build Event tries to get the current revision and write it to a file.
Check if you:
- have Source\Core\Common\SubWCRev.exe
- have Source\Core\Common\Src\svnrev_template.h (and have at least reading permissions)
- have Source\Core\Common\Src\svnrev.h (with write permissions if you compiled at least once) or have write permissions to Source\Core\Common\Src at all (Vista and above might do that in some cases, depending on where your SVN Folder is)
it will also fail if you have removed the .svn folders (although I dont know why you would do this)

·
Mr. Technological
5,933 Posts
Blame JP, every time he touches the code he has a habit of royally messing things up. Xtra.Krazzy just reverted the externals commit, and JP adds it back again.

If I were the other developers I would bar him from committing further revisions, unfortunately anyone is able to commit fixes. >_<

·
Mr. Technological
5,933 Posts
do not blame him until you do like him.
latest svn meaning unstable. if an error code, you should change yourself.

+1 jpeterson57
I don't know what you were thinking or who you are to tell me this, it isn't as if I don't already know this.

Most of the time anything he commits is a hackish workaround or breaks compilation of the code and causes other problems, I do however give him credit for some of the work he has done.

Even the other developers are generally unhappy with JP and would like to abolish him from making commits, doesn't that at least tell you something?

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
I still havent been able to compile any recent revisions after all this time, now im thinking its a problem on my end. Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Successfully compiled SVN 4340 Win32 and x64 under Windows 7 x64.

Hardware:
q9660 2.8ghz @ 3.6ghz
8gb DDR2 1366
2x ATI HD4850 512mb

Both run fine for me, and if its not against the rules I will link them for everyone to download if they aren't up to compiling it

·
Registered
124 Posts
does any one can tell a newbie here how to compile a dolphin revision or what program i could use to check and to compile the codes?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Since p_025 suggested it, I'm re-posting my question here:

Excuse me, I have a question. I was trying to install dolphin in my new Ubuntu Karmic. It compiled right and everything worked as normal according to the Google Code guide, but when loading, it gives me this error message:

Code:
30:40:326 N[BOOT]: Loading Settings from ./User/Config/Dolphin.ini
30:40:346 N[BOOT]: Starting application
30:40:346 N[BOOT]: Loading Settings from ./User/Config/Dolphin.ini
30:40:491 W[COMMON]: IsDirectory: stat failed on ./User/Wii/title/00000001/00000002/content:
Do you know what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance,
~Why-Fi
Does anyone here use Dolphin on Linux? Could you tell me how you got it to work? This error is really ticking me off. I can't use Wine and the Windows one because of the Pad and Wiimote Plugins that require DX9. And this one always gives me that damned error, and by using "cd ..." on the command prompt to try to run it from there it even says that the directory doesn't exist!

I'm sure there is a way to solve this. Please tell me. I'm dying to play my games on Linux, because other emulators that I've tried, using Wine or not, have run fairly faster than they did on Windows, so I want to see how Dolphin behaves here as well.

Thanks in advance,
~Why-Fi
Please solve it quick. I want to know what I can do.

Thank you in advance,
~Why-Fi

·
Registered
143 Posts
Since p_025 suggested it, I'm re-posting my question here:

Please solve it quick. I want to know what I can do.

Thank you in advance,
~Why-Fi
none of those are error messages
"IsDirectory: stat failed on..." just means that you do not have the a nand dump in the wii folder.

do you ever see the gui?

·
Registered
454 Posts
none of those are error messages
"IsDirectory: stat failed on..." just means that you do not have the a nand dump in the wii folder.

do you ever see the gui?
Like I said on a response to my question on the other thread:

The problem is, it won't load after this. The command prompt just resets (another line asking for commands appears).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just tried to compile revision 4586, but it fails:
Code:
Compiling Build/Linux-x86_64-release/Externals/Lua/lua.o
In file included from Externals/Lua/lua.h:16,
                 from Externals/Lua/lua.c:15:
Externals/Lua/luaconf.h:279:31: error: readline/readline.h: No such file or directory
Externals/Lua/luaconf.h:280:30: error: readline/history.h: No such file or directory
Externals/Lua/lua.c: In function 'pushline':
Externals/Lua/lua.c:182: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
scons: *** [Build/Linux-x86_64-release/Externals/Lua/lua.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
Edit: I had to install libreadline5-dev, now it compiles.
However, when I try to run it, I get
Code:
41:59:621 W[COMMON]: IsDirectory: stat failed on ./User/Wii/title/00000001/00000002/content: 
Segmentation fault

·
No$gba Philosopher
547 Posts
Can anyone tell me why there are 16 warnings every time I build it?

Although there's no error messages, I realized that the 16 warnings may be telling us that some parts of the codes, when fixed, might fix some, if not most, games.

601 - 620 of 641 Posts