1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Code it the hard way :P
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Notice! DO NOT ASK FOR ROMS!
See link if you need them badly: Info about Roms

======= System Requirements =======
* Operating System: Microsoft Windows (2000/XP/Vista or higher) / Linux / Apple Mac OS X (Intel version).
* Processor: Any Fast CPU x86 or x86_64, SSE2 supported Processor. Dual Core and SSE3, SSSE3 for more speed. Recommend a Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0+ Ghz or AMD Phenom 9550+ 2.2Ghz+
* Graphics: Any graphics card that supports Direct3D 9 or OpenGL 2.1.
* Your Brain: Understanding the FAQ, Forum Rules, and that we don't support Piracy.

Note: OpenGL plugin is the best working video plugin for Dolphin, do not expect great results with the Direct3D9 plugin compared to the alternate one.
Note: Direct3D9 plugin is still in the works and has more kinks than the OGL one, so expect to run into black screen, shading errors, and other graphical bugs.
Note: Dolphin is not 100% perfect at its emulation. Running into crashes, errors, and whatnot is expected!

======= Runtime Library Requirements =======
Dolphin needs you have to have the libraries listed below installed.

[Windows]
-MS Visual C++ Runtime 2008 SP1: This fixes the "side by side" / "application config" & model errors
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x86 - For 32bit Windows
Microsoft VC++ 2008 SP1 Redist x64 - For 64bit Windows

-The DirectX March 2009 Runtime: This fixes the plugin loading errors
Note: THIS MEANS UPDATE YOUR DIRECTX EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE VERSION 9.0c or 10 or 10.1!!!!!!
Microsoft DirectX Updater

[Linux]
-install libbluetooth: fixes the "PANIC failed to load plugin Plugins/libPlugin_wiimote.so" error for linux users

======= Video Card Requirements =======
You must have a video card that support OpenGL 2.x fully or Direct3D 9.0c.

Note: OpenGL plugin is the best working video plugin for Dolphin, do not expect great results with the Direct3D9 plugin compared to the alternate one.
Note: Direct3D9 plugin is still in the works and has more kinks than the OGL one, so expect to run into black screen, shading errors, and other graphical bugs.

Note: Make sure your drivers are up to date!
[Driver Sites]
NVIDIA Drivers
ATI Drivers

[Models that Dolphin likes]
- NVIDIA GeForce 6 to 9 Series and GeForce 200 Series
--* GeForce 6 Series
--* GeForce 7 Series
--* GeForce 8 Series
--* GeForce 9 Series
--* GeForce 200 Series
- ATI Radeon R200 to R700 Series
--* ATI Radeon Processor Generations
--* Radeon 300
--* Radeon 420
--* Radeon 520
--* Radeon 600
--* Radeon 700

[Model thats Dolphin doesn't like]
- Any Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) Chipset (These cards do not support OpenGL 2.x fully)
--* Intel Graphics Media Accelerator
- Older NVIDIA Chipsets
--* GeForce 256
--* GeForce 2
--* GeForce 3
--* GeForce 4
--* GeForce FX Series
- ATI Radeon R200 and Older
--* ATI Radeon Processor Generations
--* Radeon 100
--* Radeon 200
--* RIVA TNT
------+ RIVA TNT
--* RAGE
------+ Rage

·
Registered
198 Posts
it would be a good idea if anyone post their specs and how may fps they have in most games

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Sticky this please.
There are enough stickies crowding the forum as it is, what would be better is if a link to this thread is added to the faq, then any new members can be directed to the faq in order to find out if their computer is capable of handling Dolphin..

·
Registered
89 Posts
this post has been deleted

he's already got it on instant queue so just ignore on his account continue to move forward it doesn't matter from here
John 3:16 for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in him should not perish have eternal life. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God amen

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,499 Posts
Would it work on an ps3 with ubuntu
specs:7 x SPE @3.2GHz
256 MB Ram
GPU:RSX @550MHz
What are you, high?!? Dolphin works on x86 based processors only.

(They always find a way...)

Hey, Omega, I guess you need to explicitly note that x86 and/or x86-64 processors are a requirement. :lol:

·
No One
43 Posts
How will it work on Radeon HD 4800, 2x1GB RAM (800MHz each) and Intel Core 2 Duo E8400? Beacause I want to play Zelda TP

·
Registered SuperKyo
3,000 Posts
There are enough stickies crowding the forum as it is, what would be better is if a link to this thread is added to the faq, then any new members can be directed to the faq in order to find out if their computer is capable of handling Dolphin..
Late answer huh. Added long time ago :p

How will it work on Radeon HD 4800, 2x1GB RAM (800MHz each) and Intel Core 2 Duo E8400? Beacause I want to play Zelda TP
Seeing the first post won't hurt your eyes? :p

·
Registered
33 Posts
Core 2 Duo Q6600 at 2.2 ghz (laptop, so OC'ing probably isn't a good idea)
4 GB RAM
Radeon HD3650

Will I get good speeds with these specs?

I want to know what kind of performance I can expect before I go out and spend money on the tools I need to legally dump my games.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,499 Posts
This isn't the "Is My System Good Enough To Run Dolphin At Good Speeds?" thread.

The purpose of this thread is to inform people what they need to at least get Dolphin started. Since Dolphin is free of charge, just try it out and figure out how well runs on your own. It's not like you're plunking down cash for a program that may or may not work.

·
Code it the hard way :P
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Would it work on an ps3 with ubuntu
specs:7 x SPE @3.2GHz
256 MB Ram
GPU:RSX @550MHz
Good luck trying to compile dolphin on a PowerPC Platform.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Requirements for Windows 2000 users:
1. Windows 2000 XP API Wrapper Pack by OldCigarette
2. xinput1_3.dll and xinput9_1_0.dll extracted from latest DirectX Redist
3. hid.dll extarcted from Windows XP SP3 (not tested yet)

Besides, OpenGL Extensions Viewer is useful for identifying OpenGL 2.1 compatibility.

·
Registered
1 Posts
can anybody help me cause ive updated everthing in my computer and when i open dolphin and go to config-plugins i dont see my pad plugin or wii mote plugin but when i go in my dolphin folder its thier any plz help

specs:

intel celeron 2.40 GHz
1.50 Ram
256 MB Nvidia 6200 OC
pixel shader 3

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,499 Posts
Use the forum's search feature. That question has been asked no less then eleventy billion times.

Also, your question is off topic.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts