Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
I noticed a lot of n00bs commenting who don't have the slightest idea about emulation or the complications involved.

Also it does look better than the actual system, it just isn't simply upscaling, it's also applying filtering such as AA/AF, allowing you to play at higher resolutions, you can also make the textures high resolution as well with patience.

A lot of the comments are infuriating from idiots/n00bs who don't have a clue, also why do some people still make it a habit to equate emulation to piracy or claim emulation is illegal:

Espada Andy 2 said:
promoting piracy now jimmy?
way to fail....
When will some finally learn that Emulation != Piracy? Is there anyone here with a Destructoid account that can set some of these misinformed idiots in their place, specifically any developers that can chime in to correct the misinformed masses? :evil:

·
Site Owner
18,081 Posts
Indeed young mike, indeed.

FistfulOAwesome at 07/05/2009 12:12
Damn it, Nintendo! This is why the Wii is made of fail (25 million sold and counting). If you had bothered to spend the time (money) to make the Wii HD (system more costly) it would have been a giant incentive to all customers with TV's with HD capability (less than 25% of all households). What a bunch of Idiots (Geniuses)!

^Smart guy :p

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
It's common knowledge, everyone knows the Wii would be much better without the mounds of shovelware crap, fitness, sports or kareoke games. Nintendo needs to start innovating, come out with some new original exclusives instead of constantly relying on the same tried and true franchises. They are also in dire need of more exclusives, start putting the Wiimote to good use with some decent FPS games, action or hack n' slash games.

In survival horror, using the Wiimote as a pointing device to shine a flashlight on ingame objects, using motion controls to wave a chainsaw back and forth at enemies, slashing the Wiimote to swing a sword would be win. :drool:

As far as graphics are concerned, only graphics whores are getting their panties in a knot. A game doesn't have to look good in order to be good, some of the best games still to this day are the classics from the older consoles.

·
I OWN DOLPHIN O_O
101 Posts
I found this sentence quite offensive...

"but those of us in the realm of the law-abiding will have to simply dream of what might one day be real. "

Dont take it out on us just because you've got a sh** PC >.<

·
Registered
382 Posts
Is there anyone here with a Destructoid account that can set some of these misinformed idiots in their place, specifically any developers that can chime in to correct the misinformed masses? :evil:
Wow, if you start caring about these you're not done yet...
also read a bit of the comments here : YouTube - Metroid Prime first boss on Dolphin Gamecube Emulator
looks like some offended fanboy thinking the video is fake or something :D
i removed some of the comments though where he's spamming about the thing being "recorded off the real cube", oh well :eyemove:

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
I got a reply as well on destructoid, all I can do is sigh and think what a bunch of clueless morons.

Obvious trolls are obvious, this is exactly the reason why kids should not be allowed on the internet. Way to go for them polluting the gene pool even more, I can already imagine what their offspring would be like.

I suppose there isn't a way to instill common sense in some people, thus they continue to be blindly misinformed or buy into crap such as that emulation is illegal, or that there could never be anyone to *gasp* use it legally without pirating.

So ****ing what, emulation can be used for piracy and their point is? A knife can be used to cut food or as a murder weapon, torrents can be used to download content legally or illegally.

A car can be used to get you from point a to b, it can be used to run someone over or used as a getaway vehicle to aid a criminal.

I hate brainless morons who try to act as if they are smart, but they are really clueless, misinformed, stupid, or just plain trolling idiots.

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
I hate blatant misinformed trolling, I hate trolls period especially when they think they are **** and their misinformed opinions or insults matter to the general populace.

Where is Squall when we need him to rape some n00bs/trolls, and leave them to dry for the pack of wild hyena's? :p

Lets just outlaw everything because it could potentially be used for illegal purposes, or is being used for illegal purposes.

·
Registered
102 Posts
some people on the internet who do not understand what emulation is and what it's beneifits are... need to do their research before saying a load of crap which is a load of nonsense. There are some disadvantages like... u don't get the actual feel of like playing it as if you were like playing it on the original console/handheld. But there is no need for people to cause abuse about emulation especailly with Dolphin.

Anyway, I personally think... Dolphin is one of the most popular as well as most respected emulators available on the internet! ;)

Also, by the way... i think Dolphin has a bit of "new" competition on their hands. look up Wiimulator on youtube. Also... people don't have to worry as this will not be released for a good while.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.