Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let you guys know i have a (updated) kaillera server running on a gaming server. Although it's mostly for n64 emulation i am trying to get DolphinNP ethusiasts to try your Dolphin gaming on the server... I call it the official kaillera server for dolphin since a lot of people make "official" servers but the thing is it's hosted on their home connection. This server is running on a gaming server on a good host so there won't be any "server lag" if it does lag it's one of the players you can check who by typing /lagstat in the gameroom

Here's the IP: 72.5.250.125:27888

Also check out the website that is the owner of the server Galaxy 64

If you want to add the server on your list of servers
Add this as the IP 72.5.250.125:27888 and name it "Galaxy 64"​

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, Kaillera feature sucks with Dolphin, everyone switched to P2P
Kaillera is p2p lol.
I use p2p more than server but the thing is p2p requires more "oomph" of your internet connection since p2p cuts down the middle man and in this case it's the server and a lot of people lag on p2p but do okay on server because they only send and download packets to/from the server while p2p you send and receive packets directly to the person

Not to mention until who knows when there is no 4 player p2p client (that would be great)

I also don't recommend you use the netplay that comes with dolphin because it is a graphic user interface horror and isn't as stable as the others. Instead replace the netplay with a different one. There's a guide on galaxy 64 somewhere on the forums

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.