Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
8,884 Posts
That GPU isn't going to work with Dolphin at all. It lacks any kind of shaders so neither the DX9 or OpenGL plugins will work. That GPU can't even run PC games from the year 2003/2004 onwards that utilize any kind of shaders. Judging by the CPU you posted, I am willing to bet it is a Pentium 4 which will not run Dolphin well. With a Pentium 4, you can expect games to essentially run like a slide show at a snails pace if you could even get any games to run at all.

I'd recommend reading the requirements for Dolphin, to see exactly what kind of PC is needed for decent performance in Dolphin. With a Pentium 4 you can not expect to run any games well with Dolphin, and your GPU ruins the chance of you playing any games at all even at a snails pace with poor performance.

It looks like your only choice is to upgrade, buy or build a new system (Expensive), the next option I can suggest is to play these games on your Wii/Gamecube which is cheapest solution in the long run and will save you a headache when something isn't working on Dolphin or working as you expected.

· Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Sorry, a small mistake on my part. I was thinking of the Intel 8485GV integrated chip which an old emachines computer I used to own had, this did not have any shaders.

From what I understand the Intel 82945G does have shaders, however you will only be able to use the DX9 plugin. The reality however is that you are going to get very poor performance in Dolphin with that system no matter what you try to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.