Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Latest DX redistribution is March 2009. Download details: DirectX Redist (March 2009)

Missing OpenGL extensions means you either don't have proper graphics card drivers installed or you're trying to run Dolphin on a card that doesn't fully support OpenGL2.

What is your GPU make/model?

EDIT: I assume you dumped SSBB the same way I did. (Wii Dumper or similar Wiibrew?) If so, you've dumped it correctly. Dolphin still doesn't work with the NTSC version is all.

7,022 Posts
GPU (referring to your graphics card) not CPU.

The North American and Japanese versions of SSBB do not work in Dolphin, so there's no need to fret.

7,022 Posts
Hold down the Windows key (the one with the Microsoft Windows logo on it) and press 'R'.

Type in 'dxdiag' and press 'enter'.

Select yes or no on the dialog box that pops up. (yes is preferred)

Click on the 'Display' tab and it will show your graphics card information.

You should see something like this:

View attachment 204173

I know Zelda:TP works. People around the forums say Mario Sunshine works as well.

7,022 Posts
That's the Intel 845G. It's... not going to work with Dolphin.

You'll either have to upgrade your graphics card or wait for the DirectX9 video plugin in Dolphin to be fixed.

7,022 Posts
You can upgrade to a good video card for under $100. The 9800GT is an excellent choice and the card I recommend for an excellent and relatively cheap upgrade over onboard video.

As for the DirectX plugin, I know people are looking into it. No idea when it'll be a viable alternative to the OpenGL plugin.

EDIT: nm. The 845G is a Pentium 4 era chipset that only supports AGP. PCIe graphics cards (like the 9800GT) aren't available in AGP. Also, since it's a single core Pentium 4, I can't honestly say that any games would be able to run well on your system. You need a new computer. :(

7,022 Posts
The D3D9 plugin in that build actually does work. The performance isn't as good as the OpenGL plugin, but it's pretty nice. There's a few graphical glitches in LoZ:TP. LoZ:WW looked okay on the intro...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.