Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Magitek Elite
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Alright, before I'm chided, I'd like to say I own every game I'm asking for help on.
I've downloaded the newest Dolphin and downloaded this :
directx_nov2008_redist: and I think I managed to extract and load it on my PC.

The games I'm trying to get to run are FFCC (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles) and The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker, plus Twilight Princess.
Mostly, I guess, Zelda games. Although, I'm trying to get Mario Sunshine as well.
The reason for the emulator is because I've filled my memory cards up with Animal Crossing and The Collectors Edition of the Zelda games.

The third one is what the inside of the folder looks like, and the second is what it does when the error comes on. I managed to fix three of the errors I got, but now this one.

The errors I get I will show using this :

The third image is what the inside of the folder looks like, and the second is what it does when the error comes on. I managed to fix three of the errors I got, but now this one. And the first is what it does a few times...hasn't in a while though.
Can someone help me, please?

---
Can anyone help me fix this problem? Oh, and I've dumped my own version of Super Smash Bros Brawl for WII, but it won't work either. I've been told how I've dumped it is right...
But I need help on the WII side too, if this game is playable I mean.
Sorry if this part wasn't suppose to be said here on the forums.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Latest DX redistribution is March 2009. Download details: DirectX Redist (March 2009)

Missing OpenGL extensions means you either don't have proper graphics card drivers installed or you're trying to run Dolphin on a card that doesn't fully support OpenGL2.

What is your GPU make/model?

EDIT: I assume you dumped SSBB the same way I did. (Wii Dumper or similar Wiibrew?) If so, you've dumped it correctly. Dolphin still doesn't work with the NTSC version is all.

·
Magitek Elite
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

Oh, I'll download it and check it.
I'll edit this post if it works.

This is what I have:

Intel(R) Pentium(R) 2 CPU 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
I'm a 32bit operating system with alot of ram and speed.

Can it run on this?

EDIT: AGAIN!
Yep, I dumped it correctly because I helped my friend with it and it worked for him...but, I might have screwed it up. But with everything else, I know they work lol

Alright, I downloaded the package you suggested and it still has the problem. How do I get the proper Graphics card driver installed? Is it possible?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
GPU (referring to your graphics card) not CPU.

The North American and Japanese versions of SSBB do not work in Dolphin, so there's no need to fret.

·
Magitek Elite
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I'm using Vista but I don't know how to check the graphics card.
Is there a way to check? Can you help me get there?

Uh? How...well, can Mario Sunshine or Twilight Princess work for Dolphin?

·
Magitek Elite
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
run dxdiag
Um....what's a dxdiag?
Was it suppose to come with the Emulator? Because mine didn't...Oh...wait, it comes with DirectX, doesn't it?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Hold down the Windows key (the one with the Microsoft Windows logo on it) and press 'R'.

Type in 'dxdiag' and press 'enter'.

Select yes or no on the dialog box that pops up. (yes is preferred)

Click on the 'Display' tab and it will show your graphics card information.

You should see something like this:

View attachment 204173

I know Zelda:TP works. People around the forums say Mario Sunshine works as well.

·
Magitek Elite
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hold down the Windows key (the one with the Microsoft Windows logo on it) and press 'R'.

Type in 'dxdiag' and press 'enter'.

Select yes or no on the dialog box that pops up. (yes is preferred)

Click on the 'Display' tab and it will show your graphics card information.

You should see something like this:

View attachment 204173

I know Zelda:TP works. People around the forums say Mario Sunshine works as well.
Alright, this is what mine says. I hope I got the right page.
But I still don't know what my card is...I found those words very hard to read...

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
That's the Intel 845G. It's... not going to work with Dolphin.

You'll either have to upgrade your graphics card or wait for the DirectX9 video plugin in Dolphin to be fixed.

·
Magitek Elite
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's the Intel 845G. It's... not going to work with Dolphin.

You'll either have to upgrade your graphics card or wait for the DirectX9 video plugin in Dolphin to be fixed.
How much would it cost to update the card?
Or...what are the chances of the of the video plugin for Dolphin to be fixed?
Years?

This sucks...I really waited to cheat on Zelda and give him a purple tunic >.<

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
You can upgrade to a good video card for under $100. The 9800GT is an excellent choice and the card I recommend for an excellent and relatively cheap upgrade over onboard video.

As for the DirectX plugin, I know people are looking into it. No idea when it'll be a viable alternative to the OpenGL plugin.

EDIT: nm. The 845G is a Pentium 4 era chipset that only supports AGP. PCIe graphics cards (like the 9800GT) aren't available in AGP. Also, since it's a single core Pentium 4, I can't honestly say that any games would be able to run well on your system. You need a new computer. :(

·
Magitek Elite
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
This sucks...well, I can hope they update it...I don't have the money to upgrade..

EDIT:

Hm, well I can get playstation and playstation2 emus to run smoothly, along with N64 emus. I have DS too, and it runs extremely well.
I guess GC and WII are different, huh?

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
That GPU isn't going to work with Dolphin at all. It lacks any kind of shaders so neither the DX9 or OpenGL plugins will work. That GPU can't even run PC games from the year 2003/2004 onwards that utilize any kind of shaders. Judging by the CPU you posted, I am willing to bet it is a Pentium 4 which will not run Dolphin well. With a Pentium 4, you can expect games to essentially run like a slide show at a snails pace if you could even get any games to run at all.

I'd recommend reading the requirements for Dolphin, to see exactly what kind of PC is needed for decent performance in Dolphin. With a Pentium 4 you can not expect to run any games well with Dolphin, and your GPU ruins the chance of you playing any games at all even at a snails pace with poor performance.

It looks like your only choice is to upgrade, buy or build a new system (Expensive), the next option I can suggest is to play these games on your Wii/Gamecube which is cheapest solution in the long run and will save you a headache when something isn't working on Dolphin or working as you expected.

·
Magitek Elite
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That GPU isn't going to work with Dolphin at all. It lacks any kind of shaders so neither the DX9 or OpenGL plugins will work. That GPU can't even run PC games from the year 2003/2004 onwards that utilize any kind of shaders. Judging by the CPU you posted, I am willing to bet it is a Pentium 4 which will not run Dolphin well. With a Pentium 4, you can expect games to essentially run like a slide show at a snails pace if you could even get any games to run at all.

I'd recommend reading the requirements for Dolphin, to see exactly what kind of PC is needed for decent performance in Dolphin. With a Pentium 4 you can not expect to run any games well with Dolphin, and your GPU ruins the chance of you playing any games at all even at a snails pace with poor performance.

It looks like your only choice is to upgrade, buy or build a new system (Expensive), the next option I can suggest is to play these games on your Wii/Gamecube which is cheapest solution in the long run and will save you a headache when something isn't working on Dolphin or working as you expected.

I've got it to work, but I was trying to get Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles to work and I didn't even know it wasn't playable yet.
But, I have play the games on my system, so it wasn't impossible.
Someone else helped me out and it worked >.>
I thank you all dearly, but...I don't have the money to spending it on updating my graphics card, but I thank you for helping me anyway.
You never know, I might update it with a couple of months

I could provide images for whoever has the same problem? I can also provide download links and such.

@
@ruantec:
Is there a reason you must know? I don't like sharing my personal information with people...
:heh:

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Sorry, a small mistake on my part. I was thinking of the Intel 8485GV integrated chip which an old emachines computer I used to own had, this did not have any shaders.

From what I understand the Intel 82945G does have shaders, however you will only be able to use the DX9 plugin. The reality however is that you are going to get very poor performance in Dolphin with that system no matter what you try to do.

·
Magitek Elite
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Eh, aye, I have an Intel 845G...nothing else. Yeah, I've been told Intel won't let me play the games with good speed, but I have patience lol
I might update the card, but it's so much money to do so..If the people who made Dolphin made a plugin that went with my kind of Intel, would it be faster? Or is that impossible for them?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.