Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Hey
You all are gonna think im crazy but i swear this works on my imac intel 2.8 ghz.
To get dolphin running on a mac you must get a copy of crossover and run the windows version of dolphin in that.
I dont know why but it works.
Ive been playing resident evil 0
and resident evil 1 remake
at about 20-30 fps.
Took me a few days to get the settings right but its awesome!
AWESOME!!!!

Dolphin and Crossover for mac are in LOVE !!!!!!

Try it out
and enjoy.

I'll try to pop in if anyone has questions, but i thnk its just that easy.

· Registered
5 Posts
The way i got it took work is to make a bottle in crossover for win xp.
then I opened the c: drive in the bottle and put dolphin in the programs folder.
Then i ran the command line and savaed the command line and kaboom!
And to get dolphin to see the games iso you point it to the folder that the iso is in.
thats work i swear.
have fun

· Registered
5 Posts
i tried to follow your directions as well as i could, but i can't seem to get dolphin working through crossover. if you could provide more detailed instructions that would be very helful.
does it also require that you install directx libraries and redistributable packages like it would on windows?
thanks.
I didnt redistribute anything.
Launching the dolphin exe inside the the bottles c:/windows/program files put everything where it needed to b.
I was surprised when it worked but it is possible.
Okay lemme try this again
now create a new bottle in crossover xp
then in the manage your bottle window find the option to open c:/ drive of bottle. Then put the windows build of dolphin in the programs folder in the c:/ drive .
then from the -run command- option in dolphin run the dolphin exe in the drive c:/ (that directory is located in the user folder-library-application support-crossover-bottles-etc)
running the dolphin exe will put the files in the right place.
Then do run command again and choose the new dolphin exe, le or whatever you want.
Now you have an emulator running in an emulator and you smile.
Then you can save the command line so you dont have to go into the user folder etc everytime you want to play a game.
I just finished REZ 0 and it was awesome. Still kind of crazy to me!
hope that helps

**Just finshed resident evil rebirth and it BLEW MY MIND all over again!!!!
I got a usb duel action control pad and used usb overdrive to assign the keys and man it made all the difference. Sat back and killed zombies!
I hope that the new revisions of Dolphin have some FPS increases and a fix to the audio glitches. The sound effects are to loud and the music is to soft most of the time. And some cut scenes are off. But the work that has been done on this is amazing!
Has to be the best gaming experiance on my mac I've had!
Thanks!

· Registered
1 Posts
I know this thread is from 5 years ago, but I can't seem to get the bottle to work for dolphin and was wondering where I was going wrong in following the steps posted by CrazyEddy.

1. I first installed dolphin on crossover.
2. I made a new bottle.
3. Right clicked the new bottle --> Open C:/ drive
4. Tried copying on different occasions Dolphin Folder/Dolphin/Dolphin.Exe to
drive c ---> program files.
5. I used the run command option for the dolphin bottle by right clicking --->run command--->browse---->user folder-library-application support-crossover-bottles-new bottle-drive_c-program files-Dolphin-Dolphin.Exe
6. In the end it said
Command error text:
winewrapper.exe:error: cannot start L"C:\\Program Files\\Dolphin\\Dolphin.exe" (error 11)

Please can someone tell me where I am going wrong?

Thank you!

· Meow Meow Meow
1,558 Posts
I know this thread is from 5 years ago, but I can't seem to get the bottle to work for dolphin and was wondering where I was going wrong in following the steps posted by CrazyEddy.

1. I first installed dolphin on crossover.
2. I made a new bottle.
3. Right clicked the new bottle --> Open C:/ drive
4. Tried copying on different occasions Dolphin Folder/Dolphin/Dolphin.Exe to
drive c ---> program files.
5. I used the run command option for the dolphin bottle by right clicking --->run command--->browse---->user folder-library-application support-crossover-bottles-new bottle-drive_c-program files-Dolphin-Dolphin.Exe
6. In the end it said
Command error text:
winewrapper.exe:error: cannot start L"C:\\Program Files\\Dolphin\\Dolphin.exe" (error 11)

Please can someone tell me where I am going wrong?

Thank you!
Reasons not working:
1) You opened a thread from 5 years ago.
2) You didn't download Dolphin from the official website, if you did, you wouldn't be having this problem in the first place, because...
3) You opened a thread from 5 years ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.