Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Windows 8 Pro
1,148 Posts
Tried this out tonight very briefly. Dell Inspiron E1705 laptop, 2.0ghz C2D, Geforce 7900GS Go video, Vista64 OS.

I see they got SSBM playing at 100%.. Mine plays at more like 300%. The opening video plays so fast there isn't even any sound. Even with single core exe it's fast! Does Dolphin have any kind of option to slow it down? I can't seem to find anything.

Edit: SSBM actually does slow down considerably and get choppy depending on the demo that plays. Some go 20fps, some chop along at 6fps. Not a big deal but I didn't want anyone to think I had some kind of golden setup @[email protected]

I also can't get my gamepad working at all. The Pad DirectX9 plugin just keeps saying "ChangeNumPlayers" when I click it.

·
emulation. emu... what???
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

(super mario sunshine)

speed isn't good at all... no sound available

super smash bros. melee - seems to be playable - speed is fine but imho because of skipped frames

·
Registered
55 Posts
If I have a core2quad (64bit processor) but I run Win XP (32 bit OS) will it work? I supose not... :(

It's quite annoying to install the sh**ty x64 version of xp just for the emu. If it can be done, let me know... I really want to try this new version...

·
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this build will only work on x64 OS - no matter if ur hardware supports 64 bit extension

and btw - with a little bit patient u will work longer with an x64 os - i'm using xp x64 since december 06 :p - it's my primary os

·
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no need to buy both versions - the key is valid for booth (i'd buyed vista home prem x86 and use my key on x64 build - that's legal) and if u need a cd, u'll get one about the anytimeupgrade (try google - there is a closer explanation)...

·
Registered
411 Posts
it is realy good news to see a new dolphin release but
What about the 32bit users?:( :( :( :(

How can i use it?
Will there be any 32bit version soon?

The only reason that i dont want to install winxp64, is because i need to format my hard drive to install it. and since i have a lot of games and movies, it will be a catastrophie for me if i lost them. It will take me a lot of days to install evry game that i have ,and i dont want it. But if there will not be any 32 bit vesions in the future then i dont have any other choice than formating my hard drive to intall xp64.. I realy dont understand why the Dolphin temam decided to release the new version only for 64 bit os?

·
Windows 8 Pro
1,148 Posts
^^^^ just got it, thanks! Looks like they consolidated the single and dual core into a single .exe.

because 64 bit OSs are a LOT faster. so its the best way to increase speed and compatibility.

S.Subzero, can you tell me how fast the previous build ran SSBM? it was like 7 FPS or something correct? it looks a lot faster now.
64-bit OSs alone are not "faster".

This is my first time playing with Dolphin.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.