Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im using Dolphin version 7683 and whenever i try to play Super Smash Bros Brawl, the game doesnt save. I also get a window that comes up whenever i open the game saying "Failed to write BT.DINF to SYSCONF". Also, whenever i try to change a setting in dolphin, like the gamepad setting and the screen resolution, the settings go back to the way they were before i changed it immediately. I've also tried updating to Dolphin version 7690 but the same problems emerged. I dont want to delete my save file, as I am far into the game. Please help :D!!!

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,462 Posts
I think we need a new sticky:

1.) Try running as Admin.
2.) Try disabling UAC.
3.) If the emulator is saved in "Program Files", move it to a different location, like your Desktop or the root of your HDD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet, run as admin. worked. But one more quesiton, I wanted to add the folder with all my games to the main screen so i dont have to press open everytime i want to play. But when i exit out of Dolphin, it resets. Any ideas?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,462 Posts
That issue is likely of similar nature to not being able to save (lack of permissions) and can probably be resolved by doing one, two, or all three methods above.

I say "probably" because I always disable UAC (first thing I do after a fresh Windows Vista/7 install), I have an admin account, and I keep all of my apps that don't have a dedicated Windows installer (this includes emulators) on my secondary hard drive. So I'm always doing all three at all times. No problems here because of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
can some one explain something I might have missed here let me be really vague but highly detailed in this post. my issue is from 2019 yes way in the future. way updated from this version of the emulator yes and you would think a fix would have been made yes? but I have user controls off completely. no security programs in place or running. I have the newest version of dolphin and out of 20 games not one [email protected]#$ f%$#ing game will save googling how to load saves shows files that do not exist in my folders and upon opening the memory card function im unable to search for non save files so if they aren't in the right format I cannot search for them but outside of the emulator the save file folder labled gc opens to three files that canot be opend by any means I can find these three files appear to be usa Europe and anuther foreng country lables for memory cards no doubt HOWEVER they are not folders they wont open and theres no save f$#%ing files ive googled every chance I have had the last three weeks ive read this forum four times ive done everything asked and I cannot for the love of god det it to save any games my controller settings save fine my games run fair my game list opens on the front page and everything appears normal except the darn save file function which when saving runs like this if I save a game it saves , a pop up in emulator text notifies me the ave file path saves to gc memorycard a usa and upon a reload or a file search either with or without the memory card function there is immediatly no freaking game save I have un installed and re installed I have made sure only one version of the emulator is running I have made sure its the newest version and then ive tried only running a older version ( never used them before ) absolutely nothing works heres anuther thing I downloaded a save file and put it into the location beside the usa and europe ect. memory card files and it doesn't open or show up on the emulator upon dragging it overtop of the save file system files it doesn't let me drop it into them either I have ran it on a new hp laptop windows with plenty of memory over 500 gigs left and full permissions as administrator with all uac off filesand programs saved on destop and on external hard drive , likewise with a little blue notebook windows 10 pc and even a touchscreen tablet pc windows ten and lastly tried horrifitly failed at even getting it to run on a MacBook ….. so the question …. how in gods freeaking name is anyone using the game save function and how am I not doing it right

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,462 Posts
Well, where do you have Dolphin installed? Also, have you tried right-clicking on the Dolphin executable file and chosen Run As Administrator?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes usually i have trouble getting anything to run without right clicking run as administator so i do that. And it was installed from the desktop screen. And. Sits in one folder. I named. Emulators

1 - 8 of 8 Posts