·
Raw Rulz
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am using Windows XP. Service Pack 3. My system specs are

Nvidia Geforce 6600 256 MB

1.5 GB of Ram DDR2

3.0 GHZ InteL PENTIUM

I just hear some voices, sound from the emulator but no graphics no representation... Please help me

I know its not a great comp but its not also bad I think to launch GameCube game... Please help me!

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
3GHz Intel Pentium...what??, Pentium D or Pentium 4??

Also you said tou had a Blue Screen, you mean BSOD (Blue Screen Of Dead)??

software cannot cause BSODs, at least not by themselfs, if you're having BSODs you should be experiencing software conflicts or maybe a HW of your PC is not function properly (faulty RAM, overheating, etc.)

You need to have fully updated the DirectX libraries also the latest Nvidia driver for your card.

·
Raw Rulz
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the the latest DirectX libraries and Drivers for my video card. I have Intel Pentium 4 with 3.0 GHZ of CPU! I use OpenGL and its not dead. It starts perfect emulation but the represantation is not seen. I just hear sounds of the game and music. Like when I press enter it chooses something but I cant see... I hope you will help me thanks for the response

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
ok.

The 6600 model that you have support pixel shader 3.0 so you should be fine, the CPU is not the greatest but as you said should be sufficient enough to emulate Dolphin.

So your problem maybe resides in some software conflict or you can try using the DirectX plugin instead of the OpenGL one, is older and almost useless but you can try it and see if using it show some graphics.

Also you can try using another revision of Dolphin, maybe the game you can try became broken with the rev. you're trying, also stick first with the normal Dolphin.exe rather than the DolphinIL.exe

A bad GC/Wii dump maybe??, have you tried another game (please say what game you are trying to play) instead??, maybe the game isn't properly ripped.

Also you can try emulating another console like Play Station 2 using PCSX2 and see if you can see graphs (please try this only if you own the console and the games, EMU forums doesn't support piracy)....If you can play in PCSX2 then the problem must reside in Dolphin, if not then the problem is related to your Hardware/OS.

Good Luck.

·
Raw Rulz
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help. I have updated one more time my Video Card Driver from Nvidia offial page and everything worked. Its a little bit kind of slow but its able to enjoy the game. Thanks for your help. Yes I can emulate games with PCSX2 by the way but its very slow. I am going to upgrade my comp. What do you advise me? What part of my comp should be upgraded and whats able to do with it? Thank you

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
Thanks for your help. I have updated one more time my Video Card Driver from Nvidia offial page and everything worked. Its a little bit kind of slow but its able to enjoy the game. Thanks for your help. Yes I can emulate games with PCSX2 by the way but its very slow. I am going to upgrade my comp. What do you advise me? What part of my comp should be upgraded and whats able to do with it? Thank you
Sorry for the delay...

Since you have already a board LGA775 compatible I think the first thing to upgrade is the CPU with a DUAL CORE at least, I dunno if your board can let you OC so you must aim your buy with a rather high speed, but if your board can let you OC almost any C2D CPU will achieve 3.0+GHz, just only buy a C2D and not a Pentium D to make the upgrade worth-able.

This is for EMULATION PURPOSSES ONLY, if you plan to game in the PC a VGA upgrade is more recommended, but It'll be bottenecked with your current P4 anyway (if you choose a mid/high end model).

So I advice you to buy a Core 2 Duo first, then later the VGA, then later adding more RAM.

For max performance you can buy a e8400 CPU, if not an e7400 or similar if you go for cheap.

Check your boards specs and see if it can support the 45nm technology.

Cheers.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Since you have already a board LGA775 compatible
Cheers.
Actually, he can be using a 478 mobo, P4's are s478 too after all. I had one P4 3.0ghz in 478 long time ago...and I believe he can be using a agp 6600 too... so..

First he should check what his mobo is...if its a 775 with pci-e, well, just change the cpu, vga and memory...if not, he should get a new mobo...

I could recommend a Gigabyte mobo, they are really good, I got a P35 (its a little old, 2007-08) but they are nice, I would get a P45 if I can...

Talking about cpu's, the C2D E8400 are cheap and powerful so, that's pretty much about cpu.

And about VGA...Well, If you want an user-friendly card, go for nvidia and get at least a Geforce 9800GTX or GTX+ (The last one is called GTS250 now)...If you want a cheap card however, you could go with ATI and get a Radeon HD4850, cheap and nice.

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
Actually, he can be using a 478 mobo, P4's are s478 too after all.
Actually he HAVE an LGA775 mobo 'cuase he uses DDR2 RAM (please reffer to the OP message), s478 mobos only uses DIMM/DDR (don't recall if It can use either one)

and pretty much his 6600 is PCI-E, not a total crap so he can start upgrading the CPU.

·
Raw Rulz
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys, thanks for your help. I have read your every single message and I am very happy you have desire to help me! Thanks you one more time very very much. and one more thing yes. I am also a c# master so to speak and am starting c++ . Also I know many things about Comp and its performance but I am sorry to ask that. You know, I am from a non-english country and I wonder if you are talking about Sockets or packages so to speak? If so, then I am using the following : Socket 775 LGA and about MainBoard(MotherBoard.. .The Same as far as I know) its model is 775XFire-VSTA. About memory... Its DDR2 into the single channels. I mean in my mainboard I have 4 slots of Ram. But 2 of them are full. One with 1GB ram, another with 512MB Ram... Its size is 1536 (1.5GB)... I can give you info about anything you want. Thanks!

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for your help. I have read your every single message and I am very happy you have desire to help me! Thanks you one more time very very much. and one more thing yes. I am also a c# master so to speak and am starting c++ . Also I know many things about Comp and its performance but I am sorry to ask that. You know, I am from a non-english country and I wonder if you are talking about Sockets or packages so to speak? If so, then I am using the following : Socket 775 LGA and about MainBoard(MotherBoard.. .The Same as far as I know) its model is 775XFire-VSTA. About memory... Its DDR2 into the single channels. I mean in my mainboard I have 4 slots of Ram. But 2 of them are full. One with 1GB ram, another with 512MB Ram... Its size is 1536 (1.5GB)... I can give you info about anything you want. Thanks!
Ok.

You didn't mention about the manufacturer of your board but searching on google you have an Asrock board equipped with the chipset 925 from Intel.

First, your board even if it supports socket 775 is TOO OLD for a dual core, it only supports 800MHz FSB at least you need 1066 or 1333MHz (1600MHz with OC for better performance), also your RAM it's too old too, only 533MHz max speed, you need a board that support 800 or 1066MHz for better performance.

Also I don't think that board supports 45nm arqu. from the e8000 series (also almost any C2D CPU uses 1066/1333MHz FSB) so in order to upgrade the CPU you'll need to upgrade the board too, any board with the P35 chipset will do the trick or if you can pay more go with a P45/X38 or X48 board.

If you want to go cheap you can pick a GA-EP35-DS3L from Gigabyte, EXCELLENT board for little money, I've the DS3 version and OC/Works like a charm, then with a new P35 board you can pick any C2D CPU you want, your RAM will still work but will hold back massively any OC you want, but you can change it later.

CHEERS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.