Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have any iso or bin files on me at the moment to test, but I have three PSX images in .img format on here and they don't appear to work. You cannot load them, nor even run them as a CD through Daemon Tools.

Has anybody had better luck?

·
Eh??
1,739 Posts
This emu seems a bit incomplete yet! remember, this is the first version, wait for another one!!

I think it only works with .bin files, and you also need the .cue file!!

But anyway, this emu seems like a very promissing one! Its like EPSXE meets VGS!!!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Incomplete????? you apparently haven't played with it much...
so far it has played EVERYTHING I have thrown at it perfectly except for one game....and by perfect I mean perfect....no glitch's, all effects, everything....even MGS is synced perfectly...CD support is currently broken but the author says he only uses img files so he hadn't tried it in some time, he is going to add other format support as well as fix the cd support...
This emus goal is to act exactly like a PSX and it does!

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
yeah, it doesnt support img files. i have a bunch of ISOs that i made with Alcohol 120% and none work. so whatever, wait for the next version. or use an emulator that supports plugins.

psicomaniaco: this is the first public version, but keep in mind the author reported to have finished many RPGs, so this isnt a "new" emulator.

·
Eh??
1,739 Posts
dpence said:
Incomplete????? you apparently haven't played with it much...
so far it has played EVERYTHING I have thrown at it perfectly except for one game....and by perfect I mean perfect....no glitch's, all effects, everything....even MGS is synced perfectly...CD support is currently broken but the author says he only uses img files so he hadn't tried it in some time, he is going to add other format support as well as fix the cd support...
This emus goal is to act exactly like a PSX and it does!

Dude, I know that! I've played lots of games in it, even games that doesn't work properly on EPSXE!! But just 'cause the emu has a great compatibility, doesn't mean its complete! Its like if you had a SUPERB PC with a great processor and LOTS of RAM, but with a crappy on-board video card! Or if you had a gun with bullets, but no trigger.

The emu is very compatible, but isn't complete! It doesn't reconize many types of isos, CD support doesn't work (this means that not even Daemon Tools will do the trick) and the sound on some games is weird!! Don't get me wrong, its a great emu, and there's a chance that it gets better than EPSXE soon! But its NOT a complete emu yet! Far from that!!

·
Eh??
1,739 Posts
dpence said:
well as I said, next release will have cd support fixed, as well as allow other formats...I've not had any issues with sound...not after I realized I was using a PAL bios instead of a real 1001

Thats why I told him to wait for the new version!

About the sound, its just in some games. Final Fantasy 7 for example has some weird sounds, including Cloud's sword slashing sound. Same for Chrono Cross, but its WAY less noticeable!

·
Registered
50 Posts
psicomaniaco said:

About the sound, its just in some games. Final Fantasy 7 for example has some weird sounds, including Cloud's sword slashing sound. Same for Chrono Cross, but its WAY less noticeable!
Hi - I have had discussions with someone else about this (the strange FF7 sounds) and we couldn't decide if it was right or not!

I do not have a real PS1 to compare against (using an emulator is no good because they may not be correct either!)

If anyone has a recording of the FF7 battle sounds on a real PS1 I would appreciate it a lot!

·
Eh??
1,739 Posts
pSXAuthor said:
Hi - I have had discussions with someone else about this (the strange FF7 sounds) and we couldn't decide if it was right or not!

I do not have a real PS1 to compare against (using an emulator is no good because they may not be correct either!)

If anyone has a recording of the FF7 battle sounds on a real PS1 I would appreciate it a lot!

Well, I HAVE played this game on the real PSX, and I can surelly say that if you want to know how the game really sounds, try using the Eternal Sound Plugin (NOT the Lite version) with the SPUAsync mode on EPSXE or PSXeven!! It sounds exacly like the real PSX! But I'll see if I can record the sound on my real PSX so I can prove it to you!!!

Also, I tried the game Koundelka, and it sounds horrible! Well, the game's sound effects and songs are ok, but there are random noise sometimes, and it can get REALLY anoying! Oh, and the MDECs freezes randomly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
aperson said:
I don't have any iso or bin files on me at the moment to test, but I have three PSX images in .img format on here and they don't appear to work. You cannot load them, nor even run them as a CD through Daemon Tools.

Has anybody had better luck?
Just google UltraISO and convert your images to .bin files. It sets up the .cue files for you, too. :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
psicomaniaco said:

About weird sounds....once and a while I would hear something weird...like a short buzzing sound in Valkyrie Profile. I don't know how it happens but just sometimes...not really annoying but it's really odd. I only noticed it when I went to get a drink and came back...when you're playing the game you don't notice it...but when you just listen to the sound....sometimes it does this.

It happens randomly so I can't say exactly where...put it happens most when you're walking around in a dungeon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.