Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
now i've finally got ePsxe working at my FreeBSD box but of course another problem appears.

When I was trying to use ePsxe in windows I didn't got any picture of the game, neither sound and now the same thing has happend i FreeBSD :(.

The CPU load goes to maximum but nuffin happens :(.

This is muy output:

* Running ePSXe emulator version 1.6.0.
* Memory handlers init.
* ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded [/mnt/ad1/home/garnser/.epsxe/bios/SCPH1000.BIN].
* Loading ISO Format [BIN/IMG2352] (+subchannel) ok
* Force NTSC cdrom detected.
* Init gpu[0][libgpuPeteXGL2.so.2.0.7]
NVIDIA Corporation
GeForce4 Ti 4200/AGP/SSE2
* Open gpu[0]
* Init spu[0][libspuPeopsOSS.so.1.0.9]
* Open spu[0]

I've now tried several different games.

For example, in Chrono cross i'm able to get the menu but when i start a game the picture dissapears.

In FinalFantasy 9 i doesn't get any picture at all.

Tekken 3 seams to work just fine.

·
Registered
332 Posts
chrono cross : use the -noauto command switch or use epsxe 1.5.2 (and the odd/even bit hack).
final fantasy 9 : is it the pal version? If so, you need to get/make a PPF file. Otherwise, I dunno. But anyway, you should get epsxe 1.5.2 for this game too or it'll crash later on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
BRILLIANT said:
chrono cross : use the -noauto command switch or use epsxe 1.5.2 (and the odd/even bit hack).
final fantasy 9 : is it the pal version? If so, you need to get/make a PPF file. Otherwise, I dunno. But anyway, you should get epsxe 1.5.2 for this game too or it'll crash later on.
-noauto command switch??

where can i get the ppf files? or are those illegal?

·
Registered
183 Posts
To use the -noauto switch in FreeBSD (Not familiar with it, but I assume it is like most POSIX based OSes), you will probably have to run it from a command line...just find the executable and run it from the command line with -noauto appended on the end. You can do the same in windows, or you can add the -noauto switch into a shortcut to the exe (after the quotation marks if there are any).

As far as I know, ppf patches are still legal. You can find your appropriate FF9 patch here:
http://megagames.com/psx/psx_patches_f.shtml
just scroll down and find the one for your region and language w/ the protection fix.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bluekirby0 said:
To use the -noauto switch in FreeBSD (Not familiar with it, but I assume it is like most POSIX based OSes), you will probably have to run it from a command line...just find the executable and run it from the command line with -noauto appended on the end. You can do the same in windows, or you can add the -noauto switch into a shortcut to the exe (after the quotation marks if there are any).

As far as I know, ppf patches are still legal. You can find your appropriate FF9 patch here:
http://megagames.com/psx/psx_patches_f.shtml
just scroll down and find the one for your region and language w/ the protection fix.
thx, i got chrono cross working without adding the noauto switch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts