Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Yes,it greatly improves loading times.
Why and how?
Well,because a Hard Disk is much faster than a CDrom drive.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can someone run a test then? say final fantasy chronicles. I heard the load time in the game is "long". Can someone run the game from the cdrom first then run the game from the iso and see whether or not the load time improved or not.

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Both FFTactics and FFIX load 75% faster for me when I use ISO. For IX, there's no slowdown in battle transitions or magic. For FFT, load time was 15 seconds in CD, 4-5 in ISO. :D

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Yeah Efrainman is right.

BTW,I see that you overclocked your GF2 Pro quite a lot,did you use some additionnal cooling or just did it like that?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok cool thx for the info. i have just some crazy idea about the way that the emu reads the cdrom. blah

Raziel i o/c it just like that :D well i had a pci slot fan under it donno if that helps or not. What brand is yours? Mine is MSI. Right now I downclocked it to 200/400 cause I don't really feel a need for it to be o/c right now. Everything plays fine and I moved my tv card to the first pci so the pci slotfan is useless now... maybe i'll get an agpairlift ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Mine is a Hercules,but I'm planning to change the core fan to go higher(it's stable when I go higher but,damn IT'S HOT!).
I'll surely place a fan near the DDR ram modules.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well,hercules already provides ramsinks on the card.
But a fan wouldn't be too much I think.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmm. I have tried running several games both as an ISO and directly off the original CD. The hard drive seems somewhat faster, but not a lot. Perhaps I just have a slow hard drive...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts