Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:idea:
why dont we have a "does this game work" forum? you can ask emu question about specific games that might be independent of which emu you are using.

e.g.
- does this game work in any emu?
- which emu works best for this game?
- which plugins work best for this game, with any emu?
etc. etc.

do you think it can make the forum more organized?

ps. i got this idea from reading Adair's post about a specific game. he put in the topic, in brackets, "another does-this-game-work thread" :)
http://boards.psxemu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3600

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Well even though I didn't specifically ask if it worked in ePSXe, that is what I was wondering. That's why it was in the ePSXe forum.

And I think that what your asking about is what the Misc. emu forum is for.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I'd agree with Adair here. Its also the reason why they put popular questions concerning individual games into the FAQS.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Adair! LOL :D Chow Yun Fat is your avatar now?? Is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon really so popular around the world...

Anyways, back to our topic...
I was attempting to solve the problem that game specific problems are really too overwhelming on the boards. Most people do not have half of those games in question, some do not have any. It is quite hard work to screen out all those threads.

Maybe extend my idea a little; make a "game-specific" or "specific games" board. Then we can ask people with questions that apply to only one game to post there instead.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Maybe the best solution should be for each emulator board to make a sticky topic ( maybe just below the FAQ) such as: "These games have been successfully tested"
just my $0.013741 ( 2 louzy Canadian cents )

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Originally posted by takwu
Adair! LOL :D Chow Yun Fat is your avatar now?? Is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon really so popular around the world...
Haha its only temporary. I was hoping for a pic with a better stance in it, but its hard to fing one that'll make a good avatar. CTHD is currently my favorite kung fu move, but I've been an avid kung fu film fan for a couple of years now. I'm a big fan of Yuen Woo Ping(choreographer of CTHD and Matrix) and own many of his movies. Anyway I'd rather have a pic from Iron Monkey, but every pic I find is in some way unsuitable for an avatar:rolleyes:

Anyways, back to our topic...
I was attempting to solve the problem that game specific problems are really too overwhelming on the boards. Most people do not have half of those games in question, some do not have any. It is quite hard work to screen out all those threads.

Maybe extend my idea a little; make a "game-specific" or "specific games" board. Then we can ask people with questions that apply to only one game to post there instead.
I understand your frustration, but if we did have a board like that wouldn't you go into that board and get the same problem? The problem is with the way people title their threads. I think our problems would be solved if only people could find a way to get the idea of their question across in the title. That's exactly why I named my game-specific-thread in the way I did. So that you could see that you didn't have the game in question and move on to the next thread. Of coarse I think this better-title idea is only a dream since quite a few people here don't even read the board rules.:rolleyes:
Anyway I think if a thread relates to a specific emulator, even a does-this-game-work thread, is fine to have in that emu's board.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by takwu

Maybe extend my idea a little; make a "game-specific" or "specific games" board. Then we can ask people with questions that apply to only one game to post there instead. [/B]
There already was a discussion on this waaaay back, when 90% of the posts was "Can't get ff9 uk to run only show black screen" or something else of those words. Anyways the idea was rejected 'cos

a) It would have been to general. You know yourself that most newbies never post any information bar that the game doesn't work. Hence the next question would always be "which emulator?" etc... Makes the situation worse you see.

b) Eventually all the repeat posts stop. Of course new ones take their place:rolleyes:

c)Logistical Nightmare. They are too busy with Ngwemu to be bothered with something as trival as redesigning the boards (which works perfectly well as it is)

K

·
0 Posts
We tried this with the campatibility forum .. and it eventually became just another troubleshooting forum ... then the same questions were being asked in both forums. In the end it was a big mess. When Bobbi started using vBulletin we just made forums for the Emu's that had a deman for support. I could put in a request for a "Does this game Work" Forum but the odds of it being made are slim to none. Sorry. Also with NGEmu coming closer i am not sure if Bobbi wants to alter this board anymore since a new board will be used when NGEmu opens. Maybe I will ask him to post a request for ideas on new forums for the new board and you guys can put in your input.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
As long as all the current forums are there then I'll be happy.:)
I'd also like to be able to login with my current name/password (and keep my post count:D)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts