Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a intel on-board graphic card. I believe its Intel 82845G/GLGE/PE/Gv graphics controller. It has 64 mb. I was wondering if this card is compatible with this emulator and what kind of video plugin i need for the emulator. Thanx

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Well you should really be using PEOPs or Pete's D3D 6 at best on that.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You can use Pete openGL ( not openGL2 !!). It's work great i you can tweak it. (I have i915 on board graphic card)

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
my friend has that gfx card and i tried PSX emulation on his computer. D3D works...but i'd recommend Peops soft plugin.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I've used Pete's OpenGL on my mom's computer, which also has the 845 chipset. It ran every game that I tried on it (Gran Turismo 1, PSX demo disc (version 6), Ridge Racer, and NFS: High Stakes) at full speed, not to mention it looked pretty nice. I've yet to try something that's framebuffer intensive on it, like a Final Fantasy game, but I plan to sometime in the future :).

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
well my friend was tryign to play Xenogears which is framebuffer intensive, there's a scene near the beginning thats allll fb effects, its like a wavey thing....and it ran smooth with peops.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
I would say there's a 99.999% chance it wouldn't go full speed with the framebuffer settings on something like 2, 3, but I'm interested to see how it performs with 0, 4. If I'm bored I may try OGL2 on it for kicks :evil:. I can't remember if I've tried it already :p.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts