Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice collection

This sure brought back some nice memories of the times I was sitting in front of my stereo, waiting to ambush a certain song and record it :D I still have more than 10 tapes of dance music lying somewhere in my room from the years '98-2001. Btw, here are the two best tapes I have used over the years:

·
Prepare for Descent...
2,619 Posts
Ah...the good ol' cassette era. I remember good times from then. I had a lot of tapes from which I recorded songs from the radio (when there was good music being played on the radio :p). I still have a good portion of them laying around somewhere.

Looking through that website really gives back memories since I even had some of the tapes they have there :D The best tapes imo were the TDK ones.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
Nice collection

This sure brought back some nice memories of the times I was sitting in front of my stereo, waiting to ambush a certain song and record it :D I still have more than 10 tapes of dance music lying somewhere in my room from the years '98-2001. Btw, here are the two best tapes I have used over the years:

Cool, you've got the better grade Chrome/Metal ones, at least there's less hissing than with the cheap plastic tape ones they used to make.:p

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
True, that's what I liked about them, my Sony Walkman ( :hdbash: ) had a switch for the Type 1 tapes and Type 2. Even when playing Type 1 tapes I set it to 2 (for chrome tapes). The only thing I didn't like about tapes was the quality, that degraded once you listened to it a lot :(

I've been using casette tapes until this summer, I used them at work because those walkmans are almost indestructable, and I can crank up the volume way up so I can still hear the music in a factory :p However, today tapes are a lot more expensive than CDr's. And having an MP3 player seems to be the best solution for listening. But I did love those days of recording. I always tried to get perfect mixes by good timing. Back in those days I was still into commercial dance music, now there's nothing left of interest for me to record from the radio :p I've still got the Grandmix 2000 by Ben Liebrand on tape, and Sensation 2000. Those cost me a few tapes, but they were well worth it :D

·
Prepare for Descent...
2,619 Posts
cloudvii said:
oO what a huge collection !!! I still prefer cassettes btw for some reason
Well, the audio doesn't skip if the cassette is scratched I think that's the only thing that's better when you compare a CD to a cassette. :p

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Or he has yet to burn his first RW disc :p

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Wow that looks like every type of english-cassette ever!

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
oh my god :O

good times, good times :(

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I still have quite a few of those TDK's lying around here as well Nevermore, unfortunately their quality wasn't as good as the ones I posted :( Yet for a normal type casette they weren't that bad.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, that certainly is a good thing, but what about having to rewind to that one point where your fav song starts? :p

·
Is it a dream...
616 Posts
ahh... those do bring back memories... heh... when i was real young... i used to record myself and do talk/variety shows! lol! I also used to hold my recorder to my old mono tv and record nes music. i got the all the songs from megaman 3 on a cassette somewhere around here!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Project Epsilon said:
ahh... those do bring back memories... heh... when i was real young... i used to record myself and do talk/variety shows! lol! I also used to hold my recorder to my old mono tv and record nes music. i got the all the songs from megaman 3 on a cassette somewhere around here!
that reminds me when i used to play streets of rage 2 music and record it in the same way. it is pretty gud driving music you know. :heh:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.