Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
I'm dangerous
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Tekken 2 (That Grapichal Error)
2. Valkyre Profile (That Random Slowdowns)
3. All Games with Timing Error (Tobal, Tobal2)
4. Does Memory (resource) will be down, so the Emu will be faster ?

i don't know if this question are allowed, if not, Adm may to close
this thread.
thanx.

·
Registered
50 Posts
welll....epsxe 1.5??!who knows waht games should run or not(i hop they run)but why do you ask this to us....whe dont programe epsxe so how could whe known that??!!;)

S

·
0 Posts
news posters and programmers also read and post on these forums....but most of the time they don't give away secrets ;)

B

·
0 Posts
There're several improvements coming with the next ePSXe version (not known right now which version number it'll carry), few being announced to the public right now. Special questions for certain games won't be answered, the programmers are mostly listening to the wide public - you'll get your chance to voice your opinion on games you'd like to see running very soon though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I seem to remember a thread a while ago posted or or replied to by a betatester. The genereal gist of it was that generally few of the details of a new beta would be released. This was as to not spoil the surprise. So generally asking whether this game or that game works would fall into the category. But one thing to note is that if another emu author has come up with a fix or work around in another emu, ie. Psinex , the two teams would probably share info on those areas. I could still be wrong, i'm just assuming but look around at what the other emus can do and it might give you an idea of epxse will be able to do.... and probably better. :)

~fluffy~

S

·
0 Posts
No word of when the next version of ePSXe will be released. Fluffy, your statements make perfect sense.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Don't know why this is still in general discussion when it's talking specifically about ePSXe. calb and galtor don't check this forum, so it would be better off there, even if they don't give answers to your questions.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
the x-mas present from ePSXe team, the new release, so sweet from their part :p

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Actually I have a suggestion to make. When the emu crashes, and you've been saving regularly on the memcard only, you will sometimes (when the emu REALLY crashes ;) ) lose all the data you have been saving on the memcard that's not yet written to disk. Why not implement a timed write of the memcard to the disk (about 30 secs or so) like some emu does? It would really be appreciated.
Oh, yeah.
Does Syphon Filter 3 work already (without the speech cut, and crashing on the 1st checkpoint in the 2nd stage - jungle)? ;)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Originally posted by Fou-lu
Oh, yeah.
Does Syphon Filter 3 work already (without the speech cut, and crashing on the 1st checkpoint in the 2nd stage - jungle)? ;)
Are you asking if SF3 plays right in the current ePSXe 1.4 version or the next unreleased version?
If you're asking about the current version:
No the speech doesn't work. (same problem as the first 2 SF games.)
But I have been playing it anyway and using a walkthrough for the few areas I can't figure out.
As for the crashing on stage 2: I had a problem once where a couple of enemies didn't spawn after the first check point, but then i started the game over from the beginning and it worked. Then I had trouble again with loading a level after saving (I think it was level 5) I even tried using a 'open all missions' gameshark code and I still couldn't get level 5 to start, but I used the gameshark code to just jump to level 6 and I haven't had a problem since. I'm currently on level 15

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Originally posted by Adair

Are you asking if SF3 plays right in the current ePSXe 1.4 version or the next unreleased version?
If you're asking about the current version:
No the speech doesn't work. (same problem as the first 2 SF games.)
But I have been playing it anyway and using a walkthrough for the few areas I can't figure out.
As for the crashing on stage 2: I had a problem once where a couple of enemies didn't spawn after the first check point, but then i started the game over from the beginning and it worked. Then I had trouble again with loading a level after saving (I think it was level 5) I even tried using a 'open all missions' gameshark code and I still couldn't get level 5 to start, but I used the gameshark code to just jump to level 6 and I haven't had a problem since. I'm currently on level 15
I was speaking if the game runs ok on the next version...

:heh: I already restarted the game from begining 2 times
Did you saved after the first level?

·
Emu author
377 Posts
You can try -cdinc with the siphon filter games, there is problems with speech (it doesn't stop hehe), but you can heard it, i haven't been able to figure out how it stops the sound in the psx.

Regards,
Carlos.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts