Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry i'f im wrong in this Section and sorry for my (maybe) not perfect English ;)

My Specs are
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 6000+ 3ghz
3GB Ram (cause of xp 32bit.. got 4gb inside)
Sapphire Radeon HD4870 1GB

Can i run Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 with "good" fps on this pc? If not would older Games like 2007,2008 work?

Greetings

/edit

would be nice, if someone could tell me good settings for the game.. i also heard of an option called "speedhack" or somethin

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
1.) Define "good" fps.

2.) You've "heard" of speedhacks? Why not explore PCSX2's menus and start using them?
Config > Speed Hacks

The Smackdown vs. Raw series requires a monster CPU to run well. If you use one of the newer SVNs, you'll have access to additional speedhacks which *may* make the game more playable.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
If you mess something up, nothing is going to break. Just reset the defaults or delete the config file if you mess the settings up too badly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
btw. with "good fps" i meant playable.. if this game's playable on my pc..

a friend of mine did try it with like almost the same pc and said it wouldnt work.. but he's a noob too and i guess/thought he didnt do any settings at all

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Well, I want to say, "No it's not playable," but the SVNs have added some seriously good speedhacks that might make it playable on your system. I don't have the game to test with so it's up to you if you want to give it a shot using the new speedhacks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i will borrow it and test it..

but another question.. u seem to have quite a good knowlege.. which parts of my pc do i have to change to get a good result?

Do i have to get a Quad Core? I mean my gpu (radeon hd4870 1gb) is not the baddest..

and 3gb of ram (will change to vista soon so 4gb) shouldnt be bad too

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Your video card and RAM are fine. PCSX2 needs CPU power more than anything. It runs better on Intel Core2 Duos and i7s as opposed to pretty much anything AMD has. Some other members claim good speeds with Phenom II, but I have yet to test this out for myself.

Getting a quad core CPU for the sake of PCSX2 is useless since it can only utilize up to 2 cores at the same time. Unless you have other purposes for upgrading to a quad core, a dual core is just dandy for emulation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mh k.. then i won't change to quad core..

i'll test the speed hack thing and hope it works.. tonight i can test Tales of the Abyss.. hope that will do.. shouldnt be that difficult like smackdown

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.