Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my specs are

Intel Core 2 Duo
VGA Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT (get's to 72 celcius last time using PCSX2)
RAM of 1 GB DDR2 (running XP as the OS)

okay what else i need to tell you guys...

anyway i already tried same speedhacks, using the 3.0 pixel shader, enabling the hardware render and such, but why i still get only 35 fps at some wide or full-grown-trees area? (the graphic isn't a problem though, only the fps)

·
Registered IT crowd
680 Posts
Weak gpu.
What's your CPu frequency ?

Try latest gsdx & pcsx2 betas.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've tried latest gsdx and pcsx2 betas and i get that result
err how do i look to CPU frequency?

btw are you sure 9400 GT is weak? since i don't really think it is as weak as you thought

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
Hold down the Windows key and press Pause/Break to bring up your system properties page. You'll see your CPU frequency there.

The 9400GT is weak. It's better than anything Intel has to offer though. A 9600GT would take you a lot futher.

MGS3 runs pretty poorly compared to other games even on better hardware and exhibits some strange texturing issues, so poor performance is pretty normal. :/

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
sigh, even it's 3.0 pixel shader doesn't really help then..
i know 9600 GT is a lot better than 9400 GT, but what can i say, i can't afford it since i'm just a high school student...

well which one is CPU frequency? i still don't really get it :)

Intel(R) Core(TM)2DUO CPU
E7400 @ 2.80GHz
2.79 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

ahahaha maybe i should get an MGS 3 PC rather to play the emu, since MGS 2 PC work smoothly on my PC

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
There's no MGS3 PC.

Anyway, CPU is also quite important to PCSX2. If your temps are low enough, you can try overclocking that processor to the 3Ghz range. It can still improve performance.

Enabling Dual Core options as well as speedhacks could also help with the speeds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.