Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
It aint really playable cause it runs as slow as hell and it keeps crashing!!! this is what PSXfanatics said about it:

Gameplay Description:
Crashes a lot, mostly during combat animations, but has happened during move phase and while in the network. Use save states often! If it crashes, reload state then try moving to a new spot or use a different attack. Other than that it does work, Ive gotten half way through Alisa's storyline so far.

Problems:
Crashes mentioned above. GPU's speed limiter does not work well, recommend turning it off. Slows down during some effects, like the wanzer pov in cinemas. Nasty flicker at title screen and with split screen effects in combat.

Now that doesnt sound very playable to me so personaly i would give it a miss unless anyone knows a config that it works with cause i sure as hell dont and i have been pissing around with it 4 ages!!!:(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I forgot to say that the game does work perfect with VGS 1.41 minus the filtering but it is still worth while cause it is a kewl game!!!

i use the 501xx's Patch Limited Edition 2 patch on vgs, i am not sure if the game works without it, so you might wanna experiment!!

Catch ya laterz!!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
I just patched Front Mission for the snes with the recently released patch.. Now I can play this great game on snes9x in english.. Woohoo!! Its 100% translated too..
Yup, it s great to see more and more great rpg translated into english, btw, zsnes 1.31b have some problems w/ the patched rom, and snes9x hasn t any.
BTW, If u want to play Front mission 3 on an emu, I suggest FPSE 0.09. FM3 Runs grea on it, (better than on ePSXe IMO) but there this sound timing problem I cannot get rid of :p; I must put 40 additionnal frames per second to hear the music properly played.
Such a dilemna between sound and graphics :p

Bye

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
....you mean there are more problems with zsnes, other than the slight flickering ? can you be more specific as to what EXACTLY were the problems you encountered with zsnes 1.31b ? gerbilcannon ? Rargh ?

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Actually, this version fixes Front Mission: Gun Hazard, not the first one. At least it is what is stated in their homepage.

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
Originally posted by Fou-lu
Actually, this version fixes Front Mission: Gun Hazard, not the first one. At least it is what is stated in their homepage.
Very well said, Fou-lu. Actually zsnes 1.31b had NO problems with Front mission whatsoever, aside from a little flickering now and then. There was also a rumor that you needed to activate the "-u" switch to play FM with zsnes 1.31b, which is also wrong.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
It had some screens corruptions (for example, in the second battle, put the selection square on a tree, and see what happens :p)
And , yeah it had this message screen flickering problem and the beginning map problem.
That s just what I have noticed until now, cause I still in the beginning (I just got the 6 th character :p )
The patch can be found here:

http://rpgd.emulationworld.com/fh/fm/fm.html

bye

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
Yes, there is more flickering if you scroll the map around (in any mission, I don't think it has something to do with trees) - but I think it's just that. Flickering. ...so basically we were talking about the same problem :D Also note that this occured in the jap/unpatched rom also. The new version of zsnes, fixes the major flickering problems (even though there is no mention in the docs) and only leaves the "beginning map problem" (now, this is indeed a graphics glitch, no doubt about that).
RPGD is a great site translation-wise, although The Whirlpool is the one I visit more often (as stated in a previous post )
Thank you for replying in such a short notice, Rargh :) ......Front Mission sure is a fine game - let me know if you discover any other bug creeping its way to spoil our enjoyment !! - thanks again :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts