Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have WinME / Win2K dual boot at the moment and am thinking of upgrading my WinME to WinXP (Home Edition). The only thing I used WinME for is bleem! so I don't want to do that if it won't work.

Presumably if WinXP (Home) works then WinXP (Pro) would work also. I have both so I might try them out on my spare 10Gb partition.

Michael.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just because xp is based on the 2k kernel doesn't mean bleem! won't work with it.

Have you tried bleem! with xp or are you just assuming?

Michael.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Dude it doesn't work.... XP is NT/2k based..bleem uses low level hardware access, something XP/win2k and nt don't like.
Even ePSXe needs specific cdrom drivers to work under 2k/XP

and before you ask again, yse I have XP, no it doesn't work and neither does VGS.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by JuniorCrb
i hope randy or a third party program created by someone like aldo can fix that.
If Rand wanted to, he could fix it. I doubt someone else could do it, thought, without the emus source code.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, if Rand REALLY wanted to. bleem! is heavily based on DirectX. DX is actually low-level (hence the "direct" part). I don't know much about the XP situation, other than that the whole OS is crap, so I think it would be really hard to fix.

BTW I don't think there will be a 1.7
As for the source code, it's in ASM, what more do you need than the binary? ASM isn't much higher-level than that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by _426F62
I don't know much about the XP situation, other than that the whole OS is crap
The whole OS isn't crap. Its the only version of Windows I've ever used that's acted like a real operating system... hell, XP is almost as good as *nix. When a program crashes in XP, you just kill the program, rather than rebooting like in Win9x, when a simple program has the ability to take down the entire OS.

As for bleem! working on XP; I would think the next release will. XP is going to become the new standard desktop OS, to only support 9x and not XP would be insane.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Still hoping for a new release of Bleem huh?
Stop dreaming:D .

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I'd have to agree with Raz here. The chances of Rand releasing a 1.7 is remote. Bleem is commerical. There are too many good and upcoming FREE emus on the pc. Rand isn't a idiot. He decided to concentrate on the DC 'cos there is little competition on this console.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Why Rand
Why???
:cry:

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
its not whether he can, its whether he wants to.
its been years since a final release candidate for the pc version and i doubt thats gonna change any time soon.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
damn western capitalist

1 - 16 of 16 Posts