Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to rent Ape Escape so I could copy it and play it at home. However, it says that it requires a Dual Shock controller since it uses all the buttons and the 2 joysticks. I have a Interact Hammerhead controller and I was wondering if I could use that to play Ape Escape. Could you even use the keyboard to play the game? Can you guys tell me if it is possible? THANKS! :)

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
err try opening epsxe and configuring the analog joysticks to your controller,can u do this?I have no idea what your joypad looks like so i dont know if it has dual analog sticks.
then try to configure the analog sticks to keys,can u do this?i cant so id have 2 say u cant use keys 2 play this game..
u should have been able 2 work this out.......

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
ok id say yes u can use it but too make sure open epsxe/config/game pad/pad 1 and set it to digital/analog
can u change the settings on the analog pads displayed by pushing the sticks on your controller?
if so then u r away!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by onejaz
can u change the settings on the analog pads displayed by pushing the sticks on your controller?
if so then u r away!

What do you mean? pushing the sticks in like the dual shock does? it cant do that. to move around i use the left stick. the joypad doesnt work or i haven't configured it to work...

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
rite obviously u cant push the analog sticks in (i didnt think of this) like a psx controller and what this does in the game is make u dive when u r in the water so this could b a problem....
if its giving u so much trouble then buy a psx pad usb plug and use a psx controller this is what i do.
i dont know what there availibility is in your country but i bought 1 for $16+$8 postage from japan to the uk.
pm me and ill send u the url of the place i got mine,it was delivered quickly and i bought using my credit card and ive had no problems infact when i got it i had only just bought my 1st pc and didnt have a clue and the manager was very helpfull replying to my mails etc

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I turn on analog/digital as you said and i felt the vibration in a mdec in spiderman and in the gameplay of gran turismo 2. However in gt2 i couldnt control the car. it wouldn't respond. i just drove straight until i crashed into the wall and i felt it vibrate. it was pretty cool and hopefully in the next version of ePSXe they will make it better.

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
i dont know bout that vibration stuff as mine doesnt do this (not enuff power through usb i spose)
but in the game pad setup screen can u change the analog stick defauts?
mine says ly(1st stick up/down) lx(1st stick left/right)
lz(2nd stick up/down) lrz (2nd stick left/right)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I suggest that you buy the game outright instead of ripping it.

Renting games is fine to see if they run and/or you enjoy them But if you intend to play a game long term, for God's sake BUY IT!

I know these wonderful people come up with free emulators that will run copied games, but it is very immoral to rip authors of decent games off.

Do not abuse the power of the emulation!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts