Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not knocking it, the guys have done an excellent job again! More and more games are running and the emulators made really progress.

My only disappointment with the new release is that it runs alot of games slower. Zelda for instance is a good 10FPS slower than 1.3.... Im just wondering if anyone else has this problem.
BluDChyLD

· Registered
416 Posts
Yeah it is slower, and it crashes a lot more than 1.3 as well.

Originally posted by BluDChyLD
Im not knocking it, the guys have done an excellent job again! More and more games are running and the emulators made really progress.

My only disappointment with the new release is that it runs alot of games slower. Zelda for instance is a good 10FPS slower than 1.3.... Im just wondering if anyone else has this problem.
BluDChyLD

· Registered
158 Posts
where are these crashes...sheesh if they r on important games smiff will be going barmy lol. wat games do u get crashes and wat r the crashes, as they should hav all been eliminated by now. i havent had one error yet. the reason why some games are slower, is because they r way more accurate. timing is almost perfect on pj64, no emu has timing coordintated as good as pj. make sure u dont sync audio, as it slows things down loadz.

· Registered
158 Posts
yeh, ive discovered that this time round changing resolutions does hav some affect. i had perfect dark at 1024x768 antialiasied and with antiscoptic filtering. took away the antiscoptic filtering, and reduced the res to 640x480 (native n64 res, looks more right) and the game was much more playable. another tip would be that if a game is running just a bit slow and u hav a big monitor, try and see if it has a widescreen option, this cuts down wat u can see on the screen, but means that game runs significantly faster. not every game has a widescreen mode, but perfect dark does, and so does goldeneye.

· Registered
5,810 Posts
Yep... i've only tried out Zelda OoT so far in 1.4 and it is slower... and there are also some other erros... like the last heart is alwasys missplaced... and the subtitles also...

· Registered
158 Posts
u need internal transforms on . also to get perfect emulation, u need a proper fast pc, like at least 1.7 - 2ghz machine. set the cfb to the bottom setting in the drop down menu (in the 3rd tab of the video options). this will give u the most accurate picture at the price of immense speed loss. i.e the start screen in zelda looks perfect, no cock ups. as i said this isnt recommended unless u hav high specs, u may need a good radeon or gf3 too. this option wasnt intended for average users.

· IceyD the Ice Cold Prince
176 Posts
Yes I noticed it is slow to sometimes but somehow my last heart on zelda mm is where it should be but my problem all the songs you play the swerly thing is white on any song you play + my version 1.4 keeps crashing when I complete a level on perfect dark

· IceyD the Ice Cold Prince
176 Posts
And here is a pic of link playing the song of time:

· Registered
416 Posts
Only crashes in Full Screen Mode, and the sound doesn't work now.

Originally posted by sk8bloke22
where are these crashes...sheesh if they r on important games smiff will be going barmy lol. wat games do u get crashes and wat r the crashes, as they should hav all been eliminated by now. i havent had one error yet. the reason why some games are slower, is because they r way more accurate. timing is almost perfect on pj64, no emu has timing coordintated as good as pj. make sure u dont sync audio, as it slows things down loadz.

· Registered
463 Posts
don't know about you guy, I got 45 games, some work some don't ofcoz, but I run most of them on pj1.3 and pj1.4, pj64 don't run slower at all, they always run at the default speed, eg: (E) roms will run at 50fps and (U) will run at 60fps, coz some game use pal frequency 50hz = 50fps and other using ntsc which is 60hz = 60fps,
both zelda OoT and zelda MM run at perfect speed and no glitch
other game may crash if it got serious problem which you'll be know before you play it anway, in the status and core notes, eg in the core it say "WTF" error

G

·
PJ64 1.4, from what I've noticed, has the usual pros and cons. There is a slight increase in the compatibility of certain games. However, I have also noticed that some games have become "broken" and won't run at all in PJ64 1.4. It has many many more configuartion options which is where the speed issue comes into play. You can either make it run faster or slower than PJ64 1.3 based on how you configure it. Most of my games have experienced a speed increase, while only a few others run slower. I'm sure the reason for this is the improved graphics plugin. It does more and of course needs more cpu power to do this extra work, hence the slowdown.

All in all, I'd have to say that 1.4 is a major improvement over 1.3, but I wouldn't get rid of 1.3. Keep it around for those few games that do run better with it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.