Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
for a while linspire was free (about two days) when they released their 5.0 version. I managed to get through their servers and register during that time. If you are a registered purchaser of Linspire you can get it via "my linspire" at the top of the linspire home page. however, Linspire is crap compared to, say, Knoppix, which is free, or many many other Linux distros.

·
band
5,270 Posts
Linspire is [email protected] ? i have a free copy i downloaded that i was going to try out...a well.

·
Registered
378 Posts
D.D. said:
Linspire is [email protected] ? i have a free copy i downloaded that i was going to try out...a well.
well, you did get it for free....

In my 2 hours of using Linspire, i found it to be much less usable for me that Knoppix. However, I think Linspire is probably better for basic computer users because of all the included common apps, and the painfully detailed explanations of simple things. Dunno, you might find it more useful than I did. I just keep it as a backup live CD right now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Linsipre... LOL I have one of the disks from when it was Lindows... I bought a "Winter Green" pc and it came as the OS lol But, the thing I loved about it was when you put a Windows OS cd in the computer a warning came and said something like "You have put in a Windows Disk before you install see if the programs you want to run are availble here" As for downloading files you have to use their dowloading service and if i remeber right you have to pay for everything even "Winzip" lol But my friend look at it this way atleast you got the uber cool "Dress up TUX" game :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.