Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I was wondering if there's something I can modify saved games. (Well, I'm only interested in Hogs of War right now, but I didn't find a specific one)

I guess it should be possible if there is some format specified for blocks on the memcard. (If it's just reserved space, then I guess I'm out of luck) I found no information on the memory card.

·
Not a Registered User
1,388 Posts
Nope, you have a better chance with GameShark codes to do what you want, or download a completed save file from gamefaq.
PS1 block saves only mean that saves have to be 128kb per block, if the save file needs more space then it uses multiple blocks.
As for the saves themselves, they're unique and require unique tools to edit them.

In truth it's just basic hex editing of save files, but you do have to know what to edit to gain desired results.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, you have a better chance with GameShark codes to do what you want, or download a completed save file from gamefaq.
PS1 block saves only mean that saves have to be 128kb per block, if the save file needs more space then it uses multiple blocks.
As for the saves themselves, they're unique and require unique tools to edit them.

In truth it's just basic hex editing of save files, but you do have to know what to edit to gain desired results.
Thanks, for the info.
Oh,well. It was worth an ask.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts