Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ve read thrughout the forums what is necesary to do in order to make DOA ":le work on chankast (1st_read, ip. bin, fastboot, binhack, proper deamon ver, etc) but it is still no go for me. Here is what happens:

1 problem: if I do not supply the binhack with ip.bin (no file in dir) binhack exits and does nothing. If Ip.bin file is in dir the binhack patches both files and it looks as everything is ok. Is this normal? Should not binhack make an IP.bin even if there is none?

2. problem. When I start b2b_game.bat it says that "without -M parameter old data will not be merged (or smthg like that)" and then continues to make the image file (image.cdi). But this image is only 410mb long...(more than 250 megs short and I did not delete the dummy file) and it is not posible to mount it. Deamon 3,29 says..."Unable to mount image. Invalid image file" :???:

Any idea? I would be very garteful if someone has any idea what is wrong.

Thank you.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
why not eleave this games image as it is and download utopia boot disc? :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KanedA said:
why not eleave this games image as it is and download utopia boot disc? :)
I just tried...that funy dog (is it a dog?) just keeps spinning and nothing happens as i mount the image of doa...I used utopia 1.1. and deamon 3,29.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
probably you've got bad dumped image of DOA...
try othere deamon, if you mount the image, can you access it via virtual cd? do you see files?

anyway if you don't have quite powerfull pc don't waist your time if you want to play it, because it's slow...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KanedA said:
probably you've got bad dumped image of DOA...
try othere deamon, if you mount the image, can you access it via virtual cd? do you see files?

anyway if you don't have quite powerfull pc don't waist your time if you want to play it, because it's slow...
Kaneda, thanx for you help.

Yes I can see the files and I have 2 dumps. I dont belive that both are bad ones. They both freezes at the sega logo. I tried to mount created image with different deamons. No go.

I have Ath xp 3000+, r9600, 1gb ram, so I think could play it with that.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
muddyfox said:
Kaneda, thanx for you help.

Yes I can see the files and I have 2 dumps. I dont belive that both are bad ones. They both freezes at the sega logo. I tried to mount created image with different deamons. No go.

I have Ath xp 3000+, r9600, 1gb ram, so I think could play it with that.
strange... that's all i can say now.. gonna get back to work...
one more thing came to my mind... but... ehmmm... ehelon rip... but it's illegal to discuse it here...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KanedA said:
strange... that's all i can say now.. gonna get back to work...
one more thing came to my mind... but... ehmmm... ehelon rip... but it's illegal to discuse it here...

Yes I know...but I would like to discover what is wrong with that created image...why is so short and why deamon is not able to mount it?

I think that something is wrong with this b2b_game.bat and the process itself. I would appreciate if someone could tell me how big their image file was? Also 400megs? And if anyone also recieves teh note after starting the bat file..."without -M parameter old data will not be merged (or smthg like that)"?
:(

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
muddyfox said:
Yes I know...but I would like to discover what is wrong with that created image...why is so short and why deamon is not able to mount it?

I think that something is wrong with this b2b_game.bat and the process itself. I would appreciate if someone could tell me how big their image file was? Also 400megs? And if anyone also recieves teh note after starting the bat file..."without -M parameter old data will not be merged (or smthg like that)"?
:(
Little update: when cdi is mounted it says: doa2le_ech.
Does that mean that I have echelon game? Is this the prob? I ve read somewhere that echelon dumps are not suported on chankast?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
yeah... that's becouse that little demo the put 'in front' of the game... but please... don't discuss about it here... less trouble for us :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KanedA said:
yeah... that's becouse that little demo the put 'in front' of the game... but please... don't discuss about it here... less trouble for us :)
Agreed. Thanx kaneda. :nod:

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
I'm glad I could help... a bit ;)

and for the future, don't double post (EDIT: it's allowed if you realy have a reason), use the EDIT button ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
damn...

Hi it is me again...i hope you will bother to answer one more question.

I have managed to make an image of DOA2, but after I mount it with deamon 3.29 I cannot browse the CD and when starting it in chankast all I get is a spinnig CD with 2 tracks. (by the way, Soul calibur works ok). :hdbash:

Would you maybe know why it doesnt boot? ( I used Ip.bin and 1st_read.bin supplied on this forum and the used fastboot program).

Thanx.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
if you cannot browse this cd in your pc... than something went wrong... if pc drive doesn't recognize it... than chankast won't also...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts