Next Generation Emulation banner

Do you want to have a development install

• Yes, i like to install a new version with latest changes.

Votes: 40 90.9%
  • No, I can compile the sources myself or i wait till next stable release.

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not all people has a delphi compiler installed, and yust wanne see the changes themself.
So the question is ... do you like to have a monthly development install ??
This is not a full stable version but a setup with latest changes of that month

fill in the poll... end of the week we gone deside if we make development installs or not

·
Registered
174 Posts
A monthly update similar to the wine bi-monthly releases would be nice. If there is a regression one month then keeping a few months of dev builds online would be nice for an end user.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not yet end of the week, but looks like there would be a monthly dev install version.
Chipsugar, keeping 3 releases online is a good idea.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
oops I misread your thread title. :heh: I thought you were asking if we'd be interested in monthly developement news updates on your progress with the dxbx code like what improvements where made to how you came across big breakthroughs. Thats something I would definetly be interested in.

As for monthly updated builds I could see this creating more interest surrounding your emulator particularily for those that don't know how to compile.

·
it'se miku!
3,609 Posts
yes would be nice, but do it the way as the PCSX2 team does.

Installer only for stable builds and zipped files for the SVN updates.

·
Registered
423 Posts
As long as nothing actually works, releasing binaries doesn't seem wise to me (I suspect it will only create confusion amongst the less-technically inclined).
But as soon as we get to show off some graphics, releasing a new setup once in a while is not only a good way to keep the non-developers updated, but it also motivates us to keep making progress.

So : No for now, but Yes later on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts