• None: They suck, slow down the damn computer, Virus rules

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am confused betweeb Mcafee and Norton so this poll would help me. I have got Norton Utilties 2002, these are pretty good, Now I am thinking for Mcafee....!

Ali

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I have heard everywhere that Mcafee is better but almost everyone I found has been using Norton.
Neway i use Norton AV 2000 and it has been doing the job very well.I just have to automatically download latest virus definitions and upgrades time and again.It has been free for me until now but someone told me its free only for a year.(I am not sure about this)

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
I've always been using Mcafee, I wouldn't really mind switching to Norton though.. As long both products keep their definitions up-to-date and available to the user.. heck, you can go for anyone of them...

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Originally posted by prafull
It has been free for me until now but someone told me its free only for a year.(I am not sure about this)
Yes and no. If you reinstall before a year is up, apparently they don't charge you. I've reinstalled Norton numerous times after a new reformat, and I've as yet had no charge, even though I've had it sitting around for years and years.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
Yes and no. If you reinstall before a year is up, apparently they don't charge you. I've reinstalled Norton numerous times after a new reformat, and I've as yet had no charge, even though I've had it sitting around for years and years.
Wow,thanks.
That will help a lot,
well obviously ;)

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
I'm using Mcafee, and it's working just fine, and it's up to date, so I don't think I want to change it. In fact, I don't really care what anti virus I'm using, as long as I don't get infected.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Zephon

as long as I don't get infected.
Well I thought that antivirus only protects your PC...........:D :D :D :D ..........joking...........!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Originally posted by Enigma1982
I never use anti-virus program but I also don't recive any file from any people who I haven't trust.
Not smart, some times your best friends accidently send you mail with a virus in it, happenned to one of my friends and with this virus, EVERY .exe. file ran was deleted, yo really should put something on there.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Originally posted by Ryoga

Not smart, some times your best friends accidently send you mail with a virus in it, happenned to one of my friends and with this virus, EVERY .exe. file ran was deleted, yo really should put something on there.
Well that depend on your think............
I think anti-virus software slow my PC down so I don't use it.
I never or open recive any .exe or even .jpg from email.
But when I need to use that file I will install anti-virus program and when I finnished I uninstall it that my way.........

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Originally posted by Enigma1982

Well that depend on your think............
I think anti-virus software slow my PC down so I don't use it.
I never or open recive any .exe or even .jpg from email.
But when I need to use that file I will install anti-virus program and when I finnished I uninstall it that my way.........
you can just install nortos set on manual protection, allowing you only to activate it when needed.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by Ryoga

you can just install nortos set on manual protection, allowing you only to activate it when needed.
Thats what I do and i think thats the best way to do it.May be you can enable the email protection if you are not sure about the files you receive through mail.
Neway antivirus surely slows down the pc.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i don't use antivirus...they suck my precious resources from my already resource hungry os:)fingers: micro$oft)
but then...i usually reformat my pc every 2-3 month or so

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I use NAV 2000. Its free to students at my uni. So far thanks to this program I've avoided being infected approx 4 times. Here's the important thing to note. In my experience you are more likely to catch a virus from a floppy disk/cd that you borrow from a mate than from some unknown website.

S

·
0 Posts
I have background scan disabled, it really affects performance...but email scan's turned on though.
(norton)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by Betamax
I use NAV 2000. Its free to students at my uni. So far thanks to this program I've avoided being infected approx 4 times. Here's the important thing to note. In my experience you are more likely to catch a virus from a floppy disk/cd that you borrow from a mate than from some unknown website.
Absolutely true.I still remember the first virus I faced was on a game floppy disk "Cricket" which I got from a friend and it was called Die Hard.But it didnt created many troubles.i think I used "Dr. Solomons tool kit" to remove that one.

S

·
0 Posts
I had lots of trouble with the junkie.boot virus a few years ago

...it was pretty annoying...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts