Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there :yippee:

I want some opinion on my situation:p i am sick and tire of my 5900XT for my 2nd pc,since it only like to be with a good and xpensive psu:p but my good psu(enermax) already use in my main pc with r98p...so a friend of mine want to exchange his HIS radeon 96XT with my 59XT,do u think this worth it?

·
Ocean Soul
1,420 Posts
Even though I hated the FX cards...I say stick with it, maybe if it was a 9800 or something...but you could look a benchmarks and judge from them...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
really? so i better keep it right?actually i have change a lot of psu(cheap psu),with a bigger wattage,but none can keep my 5900XT running...

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Oh yeah.. the 5900XT is much better in all areas with recent drivers.. keep it and get a quality PSU..

If it isn't the PSU it's probably something else.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am sure it is the psu:p i use enermax with and i work fine.But the enermax psu is in use with my radeon 98 pro:p

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for the 59XT there is no brand with 500W psu...my r98p is using Enermax 430W

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is why i am interested on exchange my 59XT with my friend r96XT:p

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Errr...becoz 5900XT need one psu connecter to be attach to it,power hungry card...r96XT does need extra power connector:p

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
however if the ATX connector uses the same power converter as the molex connector, besides the r9600XT costs alot less than the 5900XT also you really only need around 350W to run a pretty good computer, in fact my PC is running on a 350Watt Coolermaster PSU, it has a Radeon9800pro in it as well as a AthlonXP2600+ barton and yet my PSU isn't even close to overloading

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Player-X said:
however if the ATX connector uses the same power converter as the molex connector, besides the r9600XT costs alot less than the 5900XT also you really only need around 350W to run a pretty good computer, in fact my PC is running on a 350Watt Coolermaster PSU, it has a Radeon9800pro in it as well as a AthlonXP2600+ barton and yet my PSU isn't even close to overloading
I have found Cooler master 350 at my place,it is not quite xpensive,but i dont know whether it is a good one,but right now i only can think on Antec 430W but the price hurt me alot

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok,ok amongst these brand which is the best? i can take any on this coz it is all about the same price with same wattage...

Acbel
Antec
Enermax
Enlight
Cooler Master
Solero(dont know this brand,but stated truepower with enough ampere stated on the pus body)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts