Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Banned
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you buy a Rom From a Shop and then Copy past that file into your computer then Attach it via MegaShare/RapidShare/MegaUpload afterwards some one downloads it. does that some one who downloaded it , Considered Stole the Game its self?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Counterfeiting involves making unauthorised copies and distributing them for profit. Downloading Warez is not counterfeiting.
Piracy involves commandeering another persons products, Thus piracy can only occur on physical objects. Downloading Warez is not Piracy.
Stealing, is the same as piracy.

There is no removal of the original data, so Downloading is not Piracy, or stealing.
There is no profit from distributing data on torrents, so it is not Counterfeiting either.

99% of piracy claims are bull****. People who download stuff were not likely to ever buy it otherwise, so there is infact no loss of Profit to the people who originally produced it.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I dont believe that it is wise for me to voice my oppinions on piracy (on the widely regarded term anyway, not going to get into a philosophical debate here either) here, first off in respect to the forum itself due to its non piracy stance, seccond i dont think the admins like people peosudo (sp?) admiting to piracy or people hinting that they have done so in the past, so with that in mind i would prefer not to discuss this here.......

just to clalify im not admiting to piracy or insinuating that i either agree or disagree with it in anyway......

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Squall makes a good set of points.

By strict definition theft, counterfeiting, or piracy does not occur when downloading warez.

The reason it's illegal is because copyright law simply says that you cannot make copies available to others and others cannot come into possession of such copyrighted material without paying for it. So in summation: legal action is taken against parties and individuals not because it's classified as theft, but because it's in violation of copyright law.

In my own words: "It's not theft, but it's still illegal regardless."

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
people who pirate are scum, who should burn with rapist, killers and homosexuals. only poor people and people who say "Yo Yo whats up my brother" pirate stuff, i don't understand why they don't just get a job, The amount of damage they do to the game, music and movie industry is disgusting!!!. i blame the hippies and obama lovers.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
people who pirate are scum, who should burn with rapist, killers and homosexuals. only poor people and people who say "Yo Yo whats up my brother" pirate stuff, i don't understand why they don't just get a job, The amount of damage they do to the game, music and movie industry is disgusting!!!. i blame the hippies and obama lovers.
Please go die in a ditch. Someone who downloads a copy of Madden NFL 2010 or Final Fantasy is not as bad as a rapists or murderer, and there is nothing wrong being homosexual.

Rape and murder hurts somebody directly. Getting a copy of Barbie's Adventures for free however, does not.

And I've pirated before and I've never said "Yo yo whats up my brother" nor am I really poor, so **** off.

·
エリートキラー
392 Posts
IMO people take piracy too far. You're not killing someone and shouldn't be treated like you are. The whole "Piracy kills the market thing" is bs like squall said. You're not physically harming anyone/anything.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
"Yo Yo whats up my brother"
eh i think you have the wrong sterotype here, that is for gangsta rappers.

the correct sterotype now would be "OmG!!! 1M s0 l33t 1 D0w7l0D3D W4R53ZZzzzZZZZZ!!!!!111!111!111!! L0L"

anyway this is not either clalifying or arguing with you oppinion, just pointing out the whole mistake steriotype.

i mabie overdone the l33t a bit there though so mabie it would be better to condence it into a more logical example.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
you do realize that the definition of piracy can change overnight. Merriam-Webster already updated their definition of piracy (and I'm pretty sure they are the 'official' dictionary of the English language)

Definitions don't mean ****, anyways. Stop trying to tip-toe around it....just ram it in the ass where these pigs hurt the most :D

·
Banned
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that what she said :rolleyes:

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I did not approve of this definition change, therefore it does not exist.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.