Next Generation Emulation banner

Do you think Nintendo is mostly aiming toward the younger population?

• Yes, and I love Nintendo!

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No, and I love Nintendo!

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well?

If you have read my posts in the "Got me GBA" thread, then you are in the right place. (Read both, I recommend it)

For those who haven't read it then either go to the "got me GBA" thread or just stay and type your feedback.

Thanks
Basket_Case

I kust want to say that you people are great! You are the people who keep emulation alive!!!:p

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
No, I don't think that Nintendo is mostly geared toward children. Hmmm, well actually yes and no. I think that the graphics in alot of ninendo games were meant to attract kids with their cartoonish characters, but alot of the games, whether they looked childish or not, were quite challenging and fun for the whole family(err, all age groups). I thought that Mario64 was a great game when it came out(I was about 16) and I wouldn't mind replaying it if I had access to an N64. There were of coarse some games that weren't all cartoonie, such as Goldeneye(I used to play this game for hours on end at college), Winback(another good one, kinda like Syphon Filter), Perfect Dark(never played it, but it was made by the makers of Goldeneye), Turok series. Anyway mature games do exist for nintendo, those were just a few of the action/adventure games.
I would say that the majority of the N64 games were cartoonishish graphics, but still fun for older folks. There were a decent number of mature games, and there were even fewer kid-only games(like pokemon). At least that's how I remembewr it.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Gimme' a break, when most people think of Nintendo now they think of Pokemon. WHo wouldn't want to make lots of money? Have most of you even played Pokemon? It is a good game, the show goesn't represent the game very well at all. Well, I do think Nintendo isn't aimed towords anyone now. With the release of Conkers Bad Fur Day they just got way off of anything, they are now trying to adjust their sight on everyone. Though CBFD was a good game it kinda reminded me of watching an episode of 'The Man Show', some of the stuff is good but most of it is just them trying to get away with stuff no one has done/wants to do on TV. So CBFD was more like Nintendo just trying to get away with stuff to show they are "cool". Wooo, off topic a bit :emb: .

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I think Nintendo did aim towards the younger population, especially during the early N64 era.... and only with the N64... the SNES, GBC, and GBA are never really being targetted towards a specific market. Got games for all kinds of audiences. N64, on the other hand, had more of those cutesy type games... not so much anymore now though.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by Asz
Gimme' a break, when most people think of Nintendo now they think of Pokemon. Who wouldn't want to make lots of money? Have most of you even played Pokemon? It is a good game, the show goesn't represent the game very well at all.
I entirely agree. I never said the game was bad! Yes I have played it. I actually think its ok you know. In fact I have most of the gb roms around here somewhere. This is due to the fact that one of my housemates is a pokemon collector. For his 21st birthday I got him a pokedex.

However you have to admit it is marketed at younger gamers though.

S

·
0 Posts
only the n64, allthough during the snes/megadrive period the megadrive seemed a little more "hardcore" (ooh wow ;))

GBA will probably have anything, like the gameboy. And I think gamecube will have more "normal" (no kiddie) games as well...

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Yes and no,actually Nintendo is aiming for everyone,they aim for young ones with mostly pokemon,and aim for older players with games like Zelda or WaveRace(Super Smash is IMO aimed for everyone,young ones with the appearence of the game,older with the fun it can provide).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts