Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you still have a Nintendo DS or DS Light and if so do you play Game Boy Advance games on it, or did you move on to the DSi and abandon playing Game Boy Advance games? Or do you still have a Game Boy Advance or SP that you still use for those games?

I'd say the Game Boy Advance was the Game Boy I liked the most. I probably have over 50 Game Boy Advance games and I like to play them on the DS Light I own. I still have a Game Boy Advance SP, and when Gamestop liquidates them, I'll pick a backup system up before they are all gone.

· Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Honestly, my little brother has all three types of DSs and I prefer the Lite. Too bad the DSi removed it. I would still play them. But then again, those into emulation will know that GBA will at some point be available on the DSi through the use of the flash carts that are being sold for it.

· Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't like the idea of having to purchase GBA virtua games that I already own. Plus they'll limit the games you can repurchase.

Thanks but no thanks.

· Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Well i was refering to emulated games

· Registered
10,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i was refering to emulated games
You do realize that according to Nintendo *and Sony* you don't have the right to back up your games, don't have the right to platform shift the data or use it on another platform, and if you want to play GBA ROMs on the DSi, it will only be purchased games from Nintendo's store, if they choose to sell digital copies, right?

I think that concept is a bunch of baloney, but they have high priced attorneys' to enforce their legal opinions.

· Registered
4,727 Posts
I play some Game Boy Advance games on the DS, but I like to play them on my GBA SP.

· Level 9998
10,591 Posts
Honestly, my little brother has all three types of DSs and I prefer the Lite. Too bad the DSi removed it. I would still play them. But then again, those into emulation will know that GBA will at some point be available on the DSi through the use of the flash carts that are being sold for it.
Just an FYI, though, the idea of GBA games being on a Slot-1 flash cart has been scrapped a long time ago due to the stark difference in technology between a slot-2 and a slot-1 flash cart. DS has a GBA mode, which... doesn't recognize a Slot-1 card. Or to put it bluntly, they deemed that it was impossible to do so. You still need a GBA flash cart to play GBA games on the DS. Not sure if GBA mode on DSi is any different, but... if it is then that would only work for DSi.

Back on topic, GBA games on the DS is for the novelty of it, I believe... After beating Mario Golf and Mario Tennis a gazillions times, and collecting enough Pokemons, I feel that replaying those games means... little to nothing. But I keep the carts anyway as a sort of trophy. Games like Dr.Mario and Tetris might still have high replay value.

· Here... take my hand
1,076 Posts
Man, I'm just waiting on payments, them I can find out from this lawer if he knows anything about this...

· Registered
7 Posts
You do realize that according to Nintendo *and Sony* you don't have the right to back up your games, don't have the right to platform shift the data or use it on another platform, and if you want to play GBA ROMs on the DSi, it will only be purchased games from Nintendo's store, if they choose to sell digital copies, right?

I think that concept is a bunch of baloney, but they have high priced attorneys' to enforce their legal opinions.
This makes me sad. I own *all* of the games I emulate, why shouldn't I be able to do what I want with them as long as I'm not distributing?

Also, I could never NOT play GBA games on the DS... Riviera and Poke'Green FTW. :D

· Registered
3 Posts
i still own the "brick" DS as i call it, and i still play some of my old GBA games on it, such as Yu-Gi-Oh!, Mega Man Battle Network 1, Legend of Zelda Minish Cap, and others. I should've maybe traded up to the DS Lite, but i won't get the DSi, b/c it's w/o a GBA slot.

· Registered
4,727 Posts
i still own the "brick" DS as i call it, and i still play some of my old GBA games on it, such as Yu-Gi-Oh!, Mega Man Battle Network 1, Legend of Zelda Minish Cap, and others. I should've maybe traded up to the DS Lite, but i won't get the DSi, b/c it's w/o a GBA slot.
Did you refer to the regular DS (the DS before the DS Lite)? XD

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.