Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lately i haven't been giving a damn about christmas or any holidays,hell i didn't give a damn if my mom bought me anything for christmas but i only made a list because she wouldn't get off my back,looks like next year i don't want presents,it just ain't what it was back in the day anymore:(.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,330 Posts
As you get older you lose interest somewhat, but getting new things is ALWAYS nice.

Why don't you ask her for a new PC? :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She would only do that if it was from qvc or hsn but she can't afford the payments for them:(.But at least i did remeber gran turismo3 and the gta series on ps2 so then i decided to put ps2 stuff since i knew my mom was lookin to get the system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,330 Posts
Sweet. You'll totally enjoy a PS2. :) See, not all is lost, eh? Cheer up. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't they get rid of used cars in gt3?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
I noticed it too. I love the holidays, the lights, the presents, family, but you dont get as excited like when you were younger. But like cool said, still fun to get things :)
 

·
Crasher of Castles
Joined
·
7,016 Posts
we pretty much celebrate christmas as a commercial holiday. Don't really get into lights or all that, we pretty much put up our tree, and get on with it. We don't care much for the whole religious aspect of it, but we feel its nice for everyone to spend a day together with the entire family and give eachother gifts. Just makes a good day for everyone.
 

·
Coffee Demon
Joined
·
2,907 Posts
Such is the way of things. You grow older, and your tastes grow more expensive. You parents grow more reluctant to buy you everything you want, and you now have to start buying presents for others. The whole Christmas shopping aspect makes the holiday feelings worse. You begin to feel like it is all a waste of time, and as a teen your interests in family get together grows less (You would rather be with friends). Some of you have left behind the religious aspects of the holiday years ago (Please don't turn it into a religious thread). You become a grinch ;)

The feeling does come back though....As you grow older, and you begin to grow a family of your own, you will soon experience those joys of christmas through the eyes of your kids or loved ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,969 Posts
Dark Watcher said:
The feeling does come back though....As you grow older, and you begin to grow a family of your own, you will soon experience those joys of christmas through the eyes of your kids or loved ones.
Untill everyone feels the need to argue, which is why I don't look forward to hollidays anymore, except the days off school.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,032 Posts
Well I love Christmas! A time of yea to get nice gifts and spend time with loved ones. I really enjoy giving too! I get joy out of seeing the peoples faces I give gifts to. I'm not too crazy about setting up the tree though :p I had to do two this year, mostly by myself. But come Christmas day all will be worth it. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,341 Posts
I don't look forward to it as much as I did a few years ago. I never ask for anything nowadays, I prefer to buy things myself as I know exactly what I'm getting.
dukenukem said:
Didn't they get rid of used cars in gt3?
Yes. Just buy an older Miata and throw a stage 1 turbo on it, which doubles the power for only 4,000 credits :thumb:.
 

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
Joined
·
5,370 Posts
Dark Watcher said:
Such is the way of things. You grow older, and your tastes grow more expensive. You parents grow more reluctant to buy you everything you want, and you now have to start buying presents for others. The whole Christmas shopping aspect makes the holiday feelings worse. You begin to feel like it is all a waste of time, and as a teen your interests in family get together grows less (You would rather be with friends). Some of you have left behind the religious aspects of the holiday years ago (Please don't turn it into a religious thread). You become a grinch ;)

The feeling does come back though....As you grow older, and you begin to grow a family of your own, you will soon experience those joys of christmas through the eyes of your kids or loved ones.
I hope you're right Dark Watcher :), anyway X-mass are loosing my atention... but I can live with that :eek:nthepull
 

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
Joined
·
1,224 Posts
I always like the holidays for the family gatherings and just having fun. I also love to spoil my kids and in a way remember how it was when I was kid when I see them all excited for christmas :)
 

·
No People, No Problems
Joined
·
648 Posts
Hollydays to me are just a time i spend with my friends and family (more with friends) and the only reason that i've put a crismas tree is becouse of my brother.
 

·
Retired
Joined
·
8,882 Posts
I don’t have faith in anything, just probabilistic expectations ;)

But to answer the question asked in the topic, I don’t really care about holidays. In fact, because of the religious aspect of it I loathe Christmas. So I’ve decided that this year I’ll be celebrating Festivus, on December 23rd, instead of Christmas (Festivus is a fictional holiday, originating in the Seinfeld sitcom. George Constanza’s father, Frank, invented it to counter the commercial aspect of Christmas).

BTW, my GF bought me the first 3 seasons of Seinfeld on DVD. Now that’s a good Festivus gift ;)

New Year’s eve is a better date IMO, since it’s a secular celebration, and there’s no religious themes behind it.
 

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
Joined
·
15,407 Posts
I don't particularly dislike holidays for religious bias... I just don't like them... buying stuff for myself however feels quite good though... nothing like spending a good chunk of money on your loved beings (me in this case).
 

·
Retired
Joined
·
8,882 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
I don't particularly dislike holidays for religious bias... I just don't like them... buying stuff for myself however feels quite good though... nothing like spending a good chunk of money on your loved beings (me in this case).
I buy gifts for myself all the time. I don't need holidays for it :p

Anyway, the religious aspect of holidays are just another aspect of them that I dislike. I hate to see TV flooded with Jesus specials on Christmas.

That's why I say: A Festivus for the rest of us!!
 

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
Joined
·
15,407 Posts
Boltzmann said:
I buy gifts for myself all the time. I don't need holidays for it :p
It's because you don't give a rat ass about the spiritual component... I wouldn't give it either if it were not for the fact it makes my buyer experience even more enjoyable.

Boltzmann said:
Anyway, the religious aspect of holidays are just another aspect of them that I dislike. I hate to see TV flooded with Jesus specials on Christmas.
Hell I agree with you... now we have to wait 2 weeks to see the next chapter of those great reality shows or those superb dramas that would make Shakespeare blush in humility...

If you ask me, TV doesn't get any worse... than what already is. Again, it's just your personal religious bias kicking in...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
177 Posts
To me religion is a bunch of bs anyway, that said if i said i loved xmas would i be wrong? Sure because the essence of xmas revolves (should) around Christ etc.. having that said im j/k about me thinking religion is bs i was just trying to make a point. Point is if you dont follow a religion throughout the year what makes you morally correct to reap the benefit of xmas ? Think of it like not working a whole year then recieving a xmas bonus check ...doesnt make any sense to me.
 
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Top