Votes: 4 16.0%
  • No, I have never sent out a Christmas card

Votes: 17 68.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I never send christmas cards. What a waste of time :rolleyes:

I don't even like christmas, BTW. I only celebrate Festivus ;)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Don't feel like it this year :p

It's all based on making money anyway :rolleyes:

I'll just send an xmas email to the ppl who send me a card, haven't recieved many though. My mother sends cards to family and neighbours on behalf of the whole family here, so there's no reason for me to send a card to my family.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Sending a xmas card to your boss is just sucking up :p

I dont send any, and if the time does come for me to send some it will only be to my immediate family and friends.

·
General of Tangerines
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the same note.

I curious as to how many here actually give Christmas/holiday gift to their boss or supervisor at work?

If so do you feel uncomfortable do this knowing that the gift maybe something your boss doesn't like?

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Hehe, I don't think bribing my teachers will work :p
I consider it as a$$ licking anway :heh:
Others might have a different pov but I never heard of anyone giving their boss a christmas present.

·
Registered
416 Posts
personally i don't, but yesterday i had to sign 100 christmas cards, to put them in 100 envelopes, to put on 64 stamps on it and to close every with my tongue Dx whaa.... that was all for my work, i'm a intern _._
btw of course i had to bring 50 of it to the post office too >.<
i HATE cristmas cards x_x

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well I used to when I was small, but now no one else does it and I don't either. I probably will again when I'm an old fart with tons of in laws :p

·
Linux's worst nightmare..
1,510 Posts
I dont send them out. Its too torublesome...

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Popuri said:
personally i don't, but yesterday i had to sign 100 christmas cards, to put them in 100 envelopes, to put on 64 stamps on it and to close every with my tongue Dx whaa.... that was all for my work, i'm a intern _._
btw of course i had to bring 50 of it to the post office too >.<
i HATE cristmas cards x_x
:evil: nice

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
RZetlin said:
I curious as to how many here actually give Christmas/holiday gift to their boss or supervisor at work?
My boss is a very nice guy, and we've a good friendship outside work, but I'd never give him a christmas gift :p

I never give gifts to anyone... Well, my GF is an exception :rolleyes:

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
I don't celebrate festivities... they are nothing more than a sign of capitalism, an excuse for spending money just because something decided to say "hey today is a special day!"... so, if my answer wasn't clear enough, no. I don't send Christmas Cards.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Once you start handing out cards or small Xmas gifts to friends and co-workers, it sets a dangerous precedent of expectation. Then you're obligated to continue forever or the former recipients will wonder if you suddenly hate them.:p If they (wisely) don't follow your lead to reciprocate with meaningless gifts of their own, you'll begin to feel resentful that your efforts aren't being appreciated,:rant: leading you to either discontinue or become increasingly embittered by the rusty knife of their indifference twisting in your gut, leading them to wonder why you suddenly hate them.:) It's better to be a cheap bastich and save yourself this awful holiday stress.

And that's the story of why Christmas sucks. :santa: Happy hateful holiday wishes!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts