Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me crazy, everyone does.

I went out in the storm the other night with the video camera. I love storms.

What happened I never expected.

I caught my first caps of fork lightining. 3 pics captured from less then a second of video.

I never saw it till I transfered it over to the PC.

Plus a low quality feed of the storm in .wmv

http://www.pixparty.com/greywolf67_2000/photos/99ZH2LVEWH.wmv

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
It's all good until one of those actually hits you.:lol:

Nice though.:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SzL said:
It's all good until one of those actually hits you.:lol:

Nice though.:)
I know :) I've seen it on a TV show where the guy was holding the video cam and he got struck by lightining.

The tape kept rolling as he was screaming.

Well if that happens to me.....I post it here for you to see ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
D.D. said:
did that guy live??? O_O
Yep, he was lucky. He didn't get a full shot. He got knocked back or some how his feet broke contact with the ground.

I was suprised the camera eletronics were not fried but it kept on rolling.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Sounds shocking to me :p

Nice pictures as well. I hope you will be able to get more with the next storm.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
the video camera company should use that as a commercial want a high quality vidoe-camera it's both lightning fast, and lightning proof, just watch this video....

·
Registered
767 Posts
You wouldnt want another storm, would you? oO

I mean I really don't want another Tsunami in my place. If the Tsunami came as high as it came to India, Sri Lanka and all, my place would have had it's end.
My place is lowlying in the Indian's Ocean :???:
Horrific day, it was.

Well if you want more storms then I must say that you are crazy. :)
Nice pics though, :thumb: Its really hard to get pics like those. But It would've been easy for you to get the lightning with the video recorder :nod:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Tsunami wasn't a storm, it was caused by an earthquake...

Anyway, I always wanted to catch a lighting by myself, but I don't have a camera, just a digital camera, and was never shooting in the rigth place in the right time, so good job Greywolf :D

·
Banned
356 Posts
the video camera company should use that as a commercial want a high quality vidoe-camera it's both lightning fast, and lightning proof, just watch this video....
They really should, funny and real.

I wish I could see it, guy yelling as he is being electricuted is laughable, I'm happy he survived otherwise I owuldnt be giggling like a little school girl now.

·
Registered
767 Posts
You got it wrong Pal. Lets put it this way :hdbash:

we had Tsunami, we had casualties, we had deaths and we know how it feels to have somethings like A Tsunami . So we wouldn't want anymore Tsunami 's, right? :(

Like wise I was just saying comparing those two in a figurative way. :eyemove:

You wouldn't want to be in the storm and be its prey. right? :???:
Imagine yourself struck by a lightning and escaped narrowly, would you want it to happen to you again which might prove fatal, even if you were a lover of Storms :)

Anyways I'm done here. Those pics were great too. I tried it once with my bro too but unfortunately failed. I'll try to get some for you once a storm gets here. I woudn't want one though.

I hope I got your confusion :eyespin: cleared about why I used Tsunami and Storm in the above statement. ;)

·
Banned
356 Posts
What is happening here is a complete misunderstanding based on a metaphor, poetical you might say...

RealOne says the Tsunami was a storm not scientifically but metaphorically which is correct... and Tulac says it is not a storm scientificaly which is also true

·
Registered
102 Posts
Meh my lesser understanding of English made the confusion, but still if you're on a safe place storms can certainly be a beautiful sight to view...

·
Banned
356 Posts
Meh my lesser understanding of English made the confusion, but still if you're on a safe place storms can certainly be a beautiful sight to view...
Strange, I thought metaphors where like poetry or art, it could be understood universaly.

Do you mean you have a different first language by saying that you have a lesser understanding of english? If so could I ask what your first language is?

·
Registered
767 Posts
So that's what happen :)

Now that I understand it i feel that i need a laugh
HEhehhe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry if the laugh insulted u :cry: :drool:

So which is your language? Mines Divehi

Not something which you heard of, right? :nod:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts