Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I liked rap/hip hop back in da old days with nwa and when ice cube and snoop first came along,i don't really like where it has gone today with dumbasses like g-unit among many others,i wish da old days would return for rap/hip hop so these new losers would be kicked out.

·
Registered
287 Posts
lol I like some of todays rap, The old stuff was definitly good. I mean Snoops 1st cd was awesome! listen to his newest one.... :spy: thats the difference :)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Most of the rap or "hip-hop" these days is just a bunch of bull****. All that the artists, if you can even call them that, rap about is drugs, sex, money, various clubs, gangs, or how awesome they are and how they get all the women.

Most of the "artists" make songs similar to:
"I'm up in the club,
and I'm the biggest stud."

The only legitimate "artist" in my book is Eminen because he is the only one I know that raps about things other than the aformentioned. At least he wraps about his honest feelings, and he has some good humor to boot.

Besides that, most of the "artists" wrap about how the system and the white man have put them down and how life is so bad in the ghetto. In reality, however, they themselves have become part of the system and have fallen into "The Man's" trap of money. And no matter what they say, they are no longer part of the "hood." How many hip-hop artists do you know that have donated money to their grade-schools, improved their original neighborhoods, or have promoted peace between gangs? The number is depressing, given the power, influence, and potential of most artists. Instead they glorify gang violence and drugs and deprecate women. Thus, the vicious legacy of gang violence and drugs continues into the next generation of black kids growing up in less than perfect circumstances.

The irony of the whole situation is that the artists and their gang-like images are the biggest negative impact upon the impressionable young generation, rather than racism and growing up in the "ghetto."

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Old School rap
At least they had something to rap about other then beoches, Hoes, riding, pimpin, rolleys, and poppin foos

We enjoyed it when you had both lyrics and a phat beat...now it is beats with crappy lyrics...There are a few that shine, but not that many

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Old School stuff definetly.
Today's rap is too comercial to my taste and i just go with the beat becouse the lyrics are missing. Eminem well he first two albums were great but the rest is ****.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
The Captain said:
Most of the rap or "hip-hop" these days is just a bunch of bull****. All that the artists, if you can even call them that, rap about is drugs, sex, money, various clubs, gangs, or how awesome they are and how they get all the women.

"I'm up in the club,

The only legitimate "artist" in my book is Eminen because he is the only one I know that raps about things other than the aformentioned. At least he wraps about his honest feelings, and he has some good humor to boot.

Besides that, most of the "artists" wrap about how the system and the white man have put them down and how life is so bad in the ghetto. In reality, however, they themselves have become part of the system and have fallen into "The Man's" trap of money. And no matter what they say, they are no longer part of the "hood." How many hip-hop artists do you know that have donated money to their grade-schools, improved their original neighborhoods, or have promoted peace between gangs? The number is depressing, given the power, influence, and potential of most artists. Instead they glorify gang violence and drugs and deprecate women. Thus, the vicious legacy of gang violence and drugs continues into the next generation of black kids growing up in less than perfect circumstances.

The irony of the whole situation is that the artists and their gang-like images are the biggest negative impact upon the impressionable young generation, rather than racism and growing up in the "ghetto."
I couldn't agree more :)

But I must say I prefer metal, or dutch/italian dance music. I just can't stand MTV and the commercial radio stations anymore....
There are some good hard dance remixes which got samples from rap songs, they kick butt :D

·
The King of All Kings.
257 Posts
The Captain said:

"I'm up in the club,

very good points.
i see what you mean.
but its still fun to listen to IMO.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Old school, but I don't like rap anyways... metal and punk are the way to go :)

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Neither. There are a couple of tracks spread accross the years that I like, but for hte most part, it's not my thing.

·
Prepare for Descent...
2,619 Posts
I'm more into old skool rap myself. I just don't like the new stuff. It annoys me when they play mostly that on the only good radio station in my area (which also plays Dance/House/Trance music, which is what I usually listen to).

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
yep, especialy from tupac.If you wanna hear good rap check the GTA: San Andreas sountrack.

S

·
0 Posts
never had much up with rap.
When I think of good rap I think of De La Soul or something :heh:
oooooooooold.

·
(>^_^)> *KIRBY*
2,612 Posts
i like some oldschool rap but cant get into most of it. and do i like most mainstream rap today? nope. but thats wat most ppl see the hop hop industry as. just these artists on the top layer. u gotta dig deeper if u want sum real hip hop artists and sum good music.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
vivrantpig said:
i like some oldschool rap but cant get into most of it. and do i like most mainstream rap today? nope. but thats wat most ppl see the hop hop industry as. just these artists on the top layer. u gotta dig deeper if u want sum real hip hop artists and sum good music.

underground RLZ :evil: :)

·
The Vodka Theme
747 Posts
old scool al the way! i was to little to listen to it but when i first did i finally realized how the new "rap" sucks. brand new clothes, pimping.. WHERE ARE THE OLD DAYS?!

·
The one and only
3,658 Posts
i like most of the rap nowadays. Back then, i wasnt even listining to rap, first rap i heard was eminem >.>

1 - 20 of 26 Posts