Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think so, hopefully I'll find out tomorrow if I've lost any weight since I started on the exercise regime. I'm using my weight coach to help me set goals, to keep track of my walking, and to help me get rid of my big fat belly! :evil:

So far I'm up to a mile a day walking, it's encouraging me to walk a mile a day, although according to it I'm not taking in enough calories for the activities I perform.

I'm hopefully going to buy My Yoga Coach tomorrow, and start that once a day, maybe 5 minutes a day for starters.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the My Weight Coach has you input your diet, weight, height, and has you walk with a pedometer, and it calculates how much exercize you do vs how many calories you take in a day, sure it's not exact, and you can cheat, but if you do the actual work, it keeps track of your progress.

I don't have money for a trainer, heck even a "YMCA" membership is out of my price range, so I have few options.

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Well, there's a lot of articles on that subject. Most of what I heard is in the range of : "If you want to maintain a specific weight, it works. If you're trying to lose a significant amount of weight, it doesn't". Which, considering how it's a game, is pretty normal. The exercises are good for you to keep your weight where you want it to be and keep you healthy, but it won't make you shave off big amounts of fat.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Indeed.

Anyway, a mile a day in real life may still be... mm... well, not enough in my opinions. When I was still a fat little kid (when I was 16...*cough*), I used to walk or jog over 2-3 miles a day. Typically a 4-mile jog every other day. Lost like... 5-10 pounds in 2 years of doing that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts