Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just want to ask if these games work in epsxe and which ones don't. i don't want to spend my money on a game that doesn't work. and if you've played any of these games...are they any good??

Final Fantasy IX
Jade Cocoon: Story of the Tamamayu
Vagrant Story
Chrono Cross
Street Fighter EX 2 Plus
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Megaman Legends 1 & 2

ps. if anyone knows a good rpg or fighting game please tell me. cos i'm ordering some games overseas and there's hardly any psx games here in australia.

Thanks you.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
FF9 works perfect on epsxe( if u have the right setting and requirement )

Chrono Cross works well but with a little sound glitches...

Legend of Dragoon another great rpg...but i have a little prob. on disc 2 but has been fix in this forum...and a little sound problems...(Recommended)

Fighting games err...i think tekken 3 work very well on my pc, bloody roar i also can work in epsxe...ooo...how about dragonball GT final bout?

S

·
0 Posts
FF 9 PAL UK does not work at w/ePSXe. Something to do w/copy protection.
All other versions work AFAIK.All the others work, except I'm not sure about Jade Cocoon. I haven't herad anything about that one. Some of the games you mentioned may, read "may", have problems, but they should still play. Fighting games I don't know much about, since I don't really care for them. RPGs I am into, here are a few you might like: Wild Arms, Wild Arms 2, Final Fantasy VII (works w/ePSXe 1.0.1, not 1.2.0 (the latest version)), Tales of Destiny, Breath of Fire 3 and 4, Final Fantasy Anthology (FF 5 & 6), Koudelka, Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete, and Darkstone. All of these play flawlessly in ePSXe, with the exception of Breath of Fire 4. It requires a cheat patch to function correctly. This comes w/ePSXe when you download it. Best of luck deciding. These are all quality games and should provide you w/many hours of enjoyment. :)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Megaman Legends 1 & 2

I'm pretty sure these ones work. I think the sfex series work as well...

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
ok
Final Fantasy IX
Vagrant Story
Chrono Cross
Street Fighter EX 2 Plus
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Megaman Legends 1 & 2

they all Work great , and they are whort to buy it , Jade Cocoon: Story of the Tamamayu e don't khnow if ti works

·
Registered
17 Posts
sxamiga,

Are you saying you have Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete working flawlessly in ePSXe? I'm still getting the super-choppy sound mentioned on the ePSXe Compatibility List site with all SPU's (some worth than others, but all unplayable).

If indeed you have this game working perfectly, care to share your secret?

·
Registered
91 Posts
jade cocoon works fine. i have the game and the graphics look fabulous. there is plenty of voice acting as well. the voices might go alittle off sometimes with echos of words already spoken but it hardly spoils the game.

as for bof4 as mentioned by sxamiga, i have something to add. i have encountered it crashing when i attempt to enter a town called kyria. it is an emulation error. plus it is not very far into the game so you might one to hold the thought on that one first. you might have to wait for the next version of ePSXe before you can play it completely in ePSXe environment totally.

workarounds are possible yes but last i read you had to use bleem! and i was reluctant to do so as i saved using the saved state function because the emulator cannot properly detect the memory card. the workard is of course to press f4 twice, but i have thus far never had the kind of manual dexterity required.

oh well, the choice is still yours. but if i had to order from overseas a game and encounter difficulties trying to work it, i would wait for emulators to improve first before i ordered it to play. no point paying something to get some frastrations aye?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Re: Re: do these games work in epsxe??

Originally posted by hoyoyo80
FF9 works perfect on epsxe( if u have the right setting and requirement )

Chrono Cross works well but with a little sound glitches...

Legend of Dragoon another great rpg...but i have a little prob. on disc 2 but has been fix in this forum...and a little sound problems...(Recommended)

Fighting games err...i think tekken 3 work very well on my pc, bloody roar i also can work in epsxe...ooo...how about dragonball GT final bout?
dont know about DBGT but bragon ball legends doesnt work in epsxe it always hangs when you do the special attack after you knock the guy out

·
Registered
35 Posts
sxamiga,

did you like tales of destiny? I noted that the Gamespot reviewer said it was crap, but readers have given it higher marks.

Of those games you listed, which would you recommend most?

Jonathan

·
Registered
632 Posts
Vagrant story is working fine but cant save so u cant store your stuff in the box, thats my problem with these game and the memcard is configured properly.I f you can help, really appreaciate it i have a post at the epsxe forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts